Hi all,

im worrying about my guts again. I’ve had a lot of digestive issues, but had lots of tests, all of which came back negative.

so, at the moment, I seem to get a lot of loose urgent bowel movements, about a 5 on the Bristol stool chart. I also get a lot of wind, which I never used to get, and sometimes I feel pressure in my rectum, even after I’ve been to the loo.

so, just over a year ago, I had a colonoscopy which h came back clear except for some internal piles, which I then had banded, Beginning of this year, I had a CT scan, an US on my pelvic organs, an endoscopy and a raft of blood tests, all came back clear,

so, now I am once a again symptoms, so I’m worrying about colon cancer. I do normally eat a very high fibre diet, modestly plant based, with whole grains, lentils. Veggies etc. I only eat chicken and fish, no red meat. I tried lowering my fibre, and it did seem that sometimes my stools were nearer to a 4 on the Bristol stool chart, but that was cutting back a lot and eating white carbs, which I know are bad for you.

is it possible that colon cancer could be the cause, a year after a clear colonoscopy? Should I be thinking about another? I know that’s probably difficult at the moment. The only other thing I can think of is to do some tests for food intolerance?

I have read that peri menopause can be the start of digestive issues as well as other autoimmune problems

anyone got any advice? I’m so anxious about it all

thanks

Inanna xx