Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Worried about digestive issues, ha spiralling

Worried about digestive issues, ha spiralling

Hi all,

im worrying about my guts again. I’ve had a lot of digestive issues, but had lots of tests, all of which came back negative.

so, at the moment, I seem to get a lot of loose urgent bowel movements, about a 5 on the Bristol stool chart. I also get a lot of wind, which I never used to get, and sometimes I feel pressure in my rectum, even after I’ve been to the loo.

so, just over a year ago, I had a colonoscopy which h came back clear except for some internal piles, which I then had banded, Beginning of this year, I had a CT scan, an US on my pelvic organs, an endoscopy and a raft of blood tests, all came back clear,

so, now I am once a again symptoms, so I’m worrying about colon cancer. I do normally eat a very high fibre diet, modestly plant based, with whole grains, lentils. Veggies etc. I only eat chicken and fish, no red meat. I tried lowering my fibre, and it did seem that sometimes my stools were nearer to a 4 on the Bristol stool chart, but that was cutting back a lot and eating white carbs, which I know are bad for you.

is it possible that colon cancer could be the cause, a year after a clear colonoscopy? Should I be thinking about another? I know that’s probably difficult at the moment. The only other thing I can think of is to do some tests for food intolerance?

I have read that peri menopause can be the start of digestive issues as well as other autoimmune problems

anyone got any advice? I’m so anxious about it all

thanks

Inanna xx

Re: Worried about digestive issues, ha spiralling

Hi
    I have very similar issues. My bm are all over the place, I go from none to 5 times in a day, sometimes hard sometimes soft...I also have like kind of panic attack symptoms during and after a bm, sob, fast heart rate, sweating...all a big mistery as I had a colonoscopy just over 2 years ago. My gastro dic said no point doing another one yet. She said 2-3 years.
    Ooh and I'm in peri and all this seems to have appeared at the same time so maybe there is a connection.
    Have you tried an elimination diet?

Hi sial

thank you for replying. That’s reassuring that your doctor said you don’t need another colonoscopy for 2 to 3 years. Hopefully, that means my colonoscopy from last year is still “in date” so to speak.

i haven’t tried an elimination diet, but I have sent away for a kit to test for food intolerances.

ive had so many digestive issues, not sure if they are all covered by ibs. I get left side pain, bottom of my ribs, burning pain in stomach and where sternum is, sometimes sharp pains in centre of chest.

I was reading an article by an eminent meno doctor over here, and apparently, some women have a problem with histamine and intolerances, and one of the effects of this is ibs.

Inanna

I’m still having so many issues. I’m getting really worried. Burning in stomach, and pain in ribs, feels like a tight band around me.

Does anyone else get this?

Inanna

I'm getting so worried. I never feel humgry, I could quite easily skip meals. When I do eat, I do enjoy my food though. Still get burning in my stomach, and slight pains in my ribs. Is this indigestion? I'm not even sure what that is. Its never in my throat, but I do get sharp pains sometimes behind my sternum.

It doesn't help that my sister has lung cancer which has spread to her liver. Its a nightmare, I just can't believe it. I don't mean to make it about me, but the thought that I am next are always there

Struggling so much

Inanna xx

Sharp pain and burning sound like classic reflux symptoms. Xx

Thank you for replying, it means a lot.

woke up last night with really bad burning pain in my stomach, and this morning I have an ache on the right side of my back at the base of my ribs, and had a loose bm.

I just don’t know what to do next...I’ve Downloaded my symptom tracker to see if I can spot any patterns. I can’t go back to th doctor, as I’ve already had a ct scan and endoscopy at the beginning of the year. I wish I could find out what it is, it’s ,pmaking me feel depressed.
    Thank you again

Inanna xx

Quote Originally Posted by Inanna View Post
    Hi all,

im worrying about my guts again. I’ve had a lot of digestive issues, but had lots of tests, all of which came back negative.

so, at the moment, I seem to get a lot of loose urgent bowel movements, about a 5 on the Bristol stool chart. I also get a lot of wind, which I never used to get, and sometimes I feel pressure in my rectum, even after I’ve been to the loo.

so, just over a year ago, I had a colonoscopy which h came back clear except for some internal piles, which I then had banded, Beginning of this year, I had a CT scan, an US on my pelvic organs, an endoscopy and a raft of blood tests, all came back clear,

so, now I am once a again symptoms, so I’m worrying about colon cancer. I do normally eat a very high fibre diet, modestly plant based, with whole grains, lentils. Veggies etc. I only eat chicken and fish, no red meat. I tried lowering my fibre, and it did seem that sometimes my stools were nearer to a 4 on the Bristol stool chart, but that was cutting back a lot and eating white carbs, which I know are bad for you.

is it possible that colon cancer could be the cause, a year after a clear colonoscopy? Should I be thinking about another? I know that’s probably difficult at the moment. The only other thing I can think of is to do some tests for food intolerance?

I have read that peri menopause can be the start of digestive issues as well as other autoimmune problems

anyone got any advice? I’m so anxious about it all

thanks

Inanna xx
    One sentence that jumps out at me all my tests came back negative

l lost my best friend to colon cancer believe me your tests wouldn't come back negative, please trust in your doctor's stop searching for things extreme anxiety can cause havoc with your digestive system

best wishes xx

My story sounds similar to yours in that I've had all the tests including colonoscopy and endoscopy with clear results. I understood that unless there was anything suspicious detected, another colonoscopy is recommended after 10 years. So in answer to your cancer worries, I would say you can definitely rule that worry out as you had clear results just one year ago.

I've been diagnosed with anxiety aggravated IBS and its true I'm a very anxious person. It seems that the anxiety aggravates the IBS symptoms and in turn those symptoms then aggravate the anxiety issue. So it goes on and on. As long as we're anxious we'll have IBS and as long as we have IBS we'll have anxiety.

I haven't worked out which comes first though.
    Possibly the original IBS symptoms could be triggered by bad eating or a tummy bug which then causes anxiety and then you're stuck in that loop. The bug clears up but the symptoms continue while being fed by the anxiety.

There are ways to get out of that loop. I used to feel better when I got an all clear diagnosis from the doctor. Now I find (unfortunately) smoking brings some relief but only because I've told my mind that it does. Smoking is apparently a big no-no for IBS sufferers and I'm not suggesting you try it. But there are other ways. Try the relaxation breathing techniques, or guided imagery meditation that you can find online. Or get some online counseling for IBS. Something will click in your mind and bring relief.

You're at a time in your life where anxiety is more common and you have family problems that are worrying you too.
    Definitely try to address the anxiety.
    I hope my reply and suggestions are of some help.

Hi beckybeck

thank you so much for replying, yes it does help just to have someone to talk to. It is reassuring that a colonoscopy a year ago means that the chance of bowel cancer is vanishingly small.

Im feeling a bit better, my bowel movements have improved, quite a lot. However, I still seem to never get hungry, which is concerning me a lot. I do eat, and when I do, I enjoy the food as long as I don’t get too full. This has been like that for months now.

if I skip a meal, I don’t even care though. Even when I’ve had a good relaxed day .

Inanna xx

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information