Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Worried about digestive issues, ha spiralling

Re: Worried about digestive issues, ha spiralling

Quote Originally Posted by Inanna View Post
    So, I got my blood test results form back.

all were “normal “ with two exceptions

and it said
    liver function test marginally reduced
    serum b12 and folate marginally reduced.

what could be causing that? I don’t drink alcohol ( well very rarely), so surely my liver function sdhould be good unlesss there is something wrong??

trying not to freak out ��

Inanna xx
    If the results are only marginally reduced, they may just repeat them.
    Most of our b12 comes from meat, fish and dairy , do you eat these foods x

hi pb

thank you for replying. They haven't asked to repeat the tests. When I rang up, the receptionist said "all normal, no further action", its only when I saw the form I noticed the two that were marginally reduced.
    I'm not too worried about the B12 one. Since lockdown, and maybe before that, I've been eating a lot of vegan meals with my daughter. I don't eat red meat, but do eat eggs, cheese, milk in my tea, and occasionally fish or chicken.

The liver function one has just freaked me out. I was having a lot of pain at the base of my ribs, isn't that where your liver is? That has subsided a lot though. Mostly now just loose stools, even my appetite has improved. Im just waiting for my FIT ("sh*t kit" as my OH likes to say!) results

Inanna xx

It's best not to ask for a printout of blood test results with HA..The GP is not bothered by a marginal result which is slightly off the range because it's not significant to him based on his clinical judgement.To you of course it will indicate high alert and disease but your HA is telling you this, Inanna x

Hi Pulisa

you are probably right. I was hoping to get my blood sugar reading, as at the end of last year I got a letter telling me I am pre diabetic ( 42 , threshold is 41), but it just said normal!

anyway, still having loose bowels, but then every so often I have a better one, like a number 4 on the Bristol stool chart. If it were sinister, would I get the occasional good one? My fit result came back as normal, but of course the day it did, I thought I saw something reddish in my stool!

I felt completely better for a few days until Saturday, when I recklessly had a very small glass of wine, which gave me stomach pains almost immediately. I drank lots of water to dilute it, and it improved. However, since them the sharp pains and rib pain has come back on and off

i feel a bit buoyed by the fact that I had a couple of days where I felt fine, sort of gives me a bit of hope

Inanna xx

Best to find out your blood test results and be informed, rather than burying ones head in the sand. Glad you did You know that you've got some stomach issues (and likely IBS as well) as the two often go together.

Have you made any dietary changes to help the situation eg. apple cider vinegar in warm water in the morning, eating gluten free foods and taking digestive enzymes with your meals? Alcohol and coffee are not good beverages to try while you've got issues

Benign stomach/ issues do come and go that's the nature of them. You've had the tests and they've all been clear, so you'll have to accept that and focus on your diet

1. We did the hard months in lockdown abiding by rules for you to get here.
    2. No one gives a shit if you prefer white towels or hotels with sea views.
    You're in quarantine for fourteen days ...obey the rules.

Good news about the FIT test but with HA it will never be good enough news.

I think my point was that if the GP says that the bloods were fine then you should try to accept his judgement and not request a printout which may show minor insignificant discrepancies which will send you into an unnecessary panic.

Hi

I'm coming here because I don't know where to go. Had the news that my sisters immunotherapy has not helped, and she has cancer in both lungs spread to both her bones and liver. Apparently she cannot walk for more than a few steps, with a stick. I feel sick, desperately sad, and so very guilty.

I have no-one much I can talk to because of the whole situation, and I feel shaky. My bowels are still really loose, and I'm wondering if the anxiety and high emotion of everything is a factor now. I have no pain in ribs or stomach. I keep trying to tell myself that a negative FIT and a clear colonoscopy last year is enough, and I have to trust that the doctors are happy that nothing is sinister for me.

Then of course I feel really guilty for even worrying about it, when my sister is facing what she is.

I just needed to write it down somewhere

Inanna xx

I'm so very sorry for what you're going through right now.

Thinking of you, and your sister.

It's awful news, Inanna. I know you knew that she was very ill but this must really terrify you.

I suppose it's a matter of realising that with HA your perceived illness is unconfirmed whereas it's very much reality for your sister. You can choose whether to believe your doctors or not, your sister has no choice.

You shouldn't feel guilty about worrying about your own symptoms...but you have to appreciate that your tests came back clear so anything sinister has been ruled out. You can add on "supposedly" if your HA dictates that.

It's still cancer though, even though it's your sister who is affected. I can understand that you feel targeted and threatened too. Are you going to try to talk to her despite her behaviour towards you? You must feel so sad and confused as to what to do for the best? xx

Hi Pulisa

Yes, I do. I thought I would buy some flowers for her, and just put a note in saying "thinking of You". My Mum said she would take them down for me. I've asked her to make sure she gives them to my sister, and not my brother in law. I think she thinks I'm paranoid, but my Mum has little idea of the things he has done, or is capable of. I just want to be sure she recieves them. I'm not sure what else I can do.

I also feel so desperately sorry for my Mum, and wish I could help her too.

I'm trying to ignore the OCD voice in my head which tells me I caused my sisters cancer, by something I did or didn't do.

thanks you both for replying

Inanna xx

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread Information