Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Worried about digestive issues, ha spiralling

Re: Worried about digestive issues, ha spiralling

Are you worried about feeling full too quickly, Inanna? What do you think you've got?

Hi Pulisa

Thank you for replying. I'm scared if I eat too much it will cause pain, and then pain causes panic.

The left side of me seems to have pain, which I can't really explain, sometimes it goes round to my shoulder blade. I am wondering if I have chronic pancreatitis. I just wish I did know what it is, rather than not know at all. I have some electric shock type pains, which can fire in two seperate places at the same time. So, in my breast for instance, then simultaneously on the top of my head. I also keep getting splits in the corners of my mouth.

Inanna xx

I’m finding it hard to wear a bra now, as I have pain all around where my bra sits, especially on the left hand side. I also feel tight across the back between my shoulder blades.

i had some breakfast cereal today, with milk. As soon as I swallowed the first mouthful, I got a sharp griping pain in my stomach. Last night I turned over in bed, and got a pain on the left side just further down than my ribs.

if I press down on my sternum, between my boobs, it feels sore, and ten I get some throbbing pain for a little while

can anyone relate?

Inanna xx

I feel full quickly too and then have pain from bloating. The pain in your sternum and between shoulder blades sounds like reflux to me.

I feel that since you've had so many tests with clear results your problem must lie with your anxiety. I understand that your pains and digestive issues are very real but since its been proved that our gut and brain are closely linked, anxiety definitely causes stomach problems which the doctors call IBS.
    I'm living proof of this.
    Maybe it'll put your mind at rest if I tell you some of my experiences.
    One example: I caught a stomach bug. The whole family had it. They all recovered within 3 days. For me though it triggered my IBS. The symptoms went on and on and my anxiety went sky high as I imagined what could be wrong. My appetite disappeared and I was terrified to eat because I had decided that food would cause more symptoms, more pain. And so it did! And each time I would eliminate another food, labeling it as something I was intolerant to. Eventually my list of allowed food was rice, bananas and water. I lost alot of weight and that was another cause for anxiety which in turn caused more symptoms. Im sure you can see where Im going with this. Four months later, I saw a Doctor who reassured me that it was only IBS. The following day all the symptoms disappeared and I could eat normally again. Like magic! Our minds are very powerful.

I've been through this so many times, so many tests , so much anxiety, weightloss, pain. And then it goes. All those foods I believed I couldn't eat and now they don't cause any problem at all. Because it wasnt the food, it wasnt a disease, it wasn't a blockage, it wasn't cancer. It was ANXIETY!
    Now please, believe your Doctor, believe those clear results. Address your anxiety.
    Believe me, those symptoms will go, your appetite will return.

Beckybecks that sounds like me too. Everything started after a scary infection that upended my HA. Unfortunately I haven’t had a magic moment even though the doctor told me it was IBS. In the back of my mind I think there are more tests they could do. I do have terrible anxiety though and I have developed an odd relationship with food. I hope to be able to get back to normal meals someday soon, since I have lost a lot of weight too. (Which I keep thinking is a sign of cancer even though the doctor said it’s just my diet!)
    sorry to interrupt the thread but I found your comment helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Inanna View Post
    I’m finding it hard to wear a bra now, as I have pain all around where my bra sits, especially on the left hand side. I also feel tight across the back between my shoulder blades.

i had some breakfast cereal today, with milk. As soon as I swallowed the first mouthful, I got a sharp griping pain in my stomach. Last night I turned over in bed, and got a pain on the left side just further down than my ribs.

if I press down on my sternum, between my boobs, it feels sore, and ten I get some throbbing pain for a little while

can anyone relate?

Inanna xx
    I get the same with the bra, but it’s not pain just a kind of pressure/ache. Once I take my bra off it goes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thanks Scass

It doesn't go away completely, but it definitely helps.

Freaking out today, as I had a terrible bowel movement. Colour was a lot darker than my normal colour, and it was completely soft, like a really mushy cow pat. Now, I have been taking some digestive enzymes in the last 5 days, so that could have been the reason, but the really scary thing is that it looked like there was some blood mixed in. Parts of it looked red and it did look like blood.

I've rung the doctors surgery and they are organising a stool test and some bloods. Could this really be cancer, so soon after all those tests (Well the colonoscopy was a year ago, so it is possible). I'm clinging to the hope that if it is, it will still be in the early stages, and it will be caught early. Not like my sisters lung cancer, which is already in her liver.

On a positive note, I do feel a little bit hungry this morning, for the first time in over a month.

Inanna xx

Inanna..you are haunted by your sister's cancer diagnosis.

You had a colonoscopy only a year ago. Bowel cancer develops slowly and you certainly don't need annual screening. I was told every 10 years by my gastro if there are no hereditary or risk factors such as polyps. Colonoscopy is an invasive procedure not without its own risks if you are thinking about paying for another one..

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Inanna..you are haunted by your sister's cancer diagnosis.

You had a colonoscopy only a year ago. Bowel cancer develops slowly and you certainly don't need annual screening. I was told every 10 years by my gastro if there are no hereditary or risk factors such as polyps. Colonoscopy is an invasive procedure not without its own risks if you are thinking about paying for another one..
    Hi Pulisa

Thank you so much for replying. I'm trying to find some comfort in your words. I don't intend to have another colonoscopy unless my Faecal Immunochemical Test comes back positive. I'm really scared though, as it really looked like blood,. Not bright red blood when you wipe, but deep red mixed in with the mushy stool.

Yes, you are right, I am traumatised by my sisters diagnosis, makes me feel like cancer is an inevitability, once you are over 45. A lot of my OCD traits are to do with trying to avoid it, which of course you can't. Some of them are completely irrational, like if I ignore a letter from a charity asking for a donation, I will be punished by a terminal diagnosis. Others are (to my mind) logical, if extreme. Like not eating bacon. If I walk past it in the supermarket, I come out in a panicky sweat.

thanks again, it really helps to be able to come here

Inanna xx

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information