Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Worried about digestive issues, ha spiralling

Re: Worried about digestive issues, ha spiralling

What do you think? Would it help you? If you had reasurance how long would it last?

Inanna, didn’t you have a colonoscopy recently? Depending on age, they are good for 5 - 10 years.

I’m having a lot of issues, have been since March. I’ve thought that I’ve had every illness going, thankfully I’ve been wrong so far.

Have a look at Symprove. If you have an imbalance of gut flora, this is the only proven pre & pro biotic to work. It’s expensive but worth it if you feel better.

It can also mess your head and cause muscle, joint inflammation and pain.

Good luck.

Hi Inanna I have that feeling like I just have to go to the loo all the time too...I think it must be anxiety since I’ve been diagnosed with ibs. I’ve been dealing with a fair bit of anxiety over my symptoms again lately too but currently waiting to see if an increase in my antidepressant works before going back to the dr.

Quote Originally Posted by Inanna View Post
    I’m sorry to keep coming back here, but I’m worried.

i have this feeling of pressure in my rectum, and I feel like I want to poop all of the time. Could this be caused by stress?

I don’t have any bleeding, but could it be piles coming back, after a few days of extra bowel movements.,Which have been relative,y normal in consistency, but I have had quite a lot of gas too?

can this really be stress/anxiety? Or could it be rectal cancer?

I’m struggling with everything right now

Inanna xx
    Hi Inanna - so sorry about all you are going through, but if this helps you, the pressure feeling in your rectum is very common with IBS and piles. I have an internal pile and I get pressure in my bum which sometimes mooches through to the front end! Lots of nerves in the pelvic region and lots of 'cross talk' goes on. The more you poop (IBS) the more you will irritate the pile, but even minus a pile - this sensation is a very common symptom with IBS. Also, lower back ache. Excess gas is also classic IBS. I'm a burping/farting machine at the moment because my IBS is giving me some serious gyp - but I have a lot of stress at the moment, and, clearly, so do you.

In my experience, the first part of the anatomy to hit the proverbial fan when things get stressful is the digestive system, so try not to overthink things too much.

All the best. X

Hi

Thank you for your replies, sorry its taken me so long to respond, but things at home continue to be difficult, to say the least.

MightyPC, yes , I had a colonoscopy in April 19. I think Pulisa also said that something about that test being good for a fair few years, and I really want to believe it, but HA keeps making me worry that maybe I have some aggressive form of rectal/anal cancer. I wish I could just relax.

They did find some internal hemmies, which I had banded in June 19, but they warned me that they could come back. I've had no bleeding or soreness though. I will check out those probiotics, thank you.

Librella, I'm sorry that you are suffering too, do the anti-Ds help at all? I am always frightened of medication.

NorahB, interesting that you have internal piles, which is what I had. I seem to get that pressure feeling after I have had a more "normal" BM, and not the usual (for me in the last 2 years) mushy type. I have noticed that my BMs seem to be less loose when I have eaten white bread or pizza. My HA/OCD means that I don't usually eat these, but follow a high fibre diet, with lots of vegetarian meals, and no red meat at all. Lentils and chickpeas feature a lot. However, I cannot eat Oats, as I get terrible guts. I was eating Oatibix everyday, and my bowels went haywire. Took me a while to work it out.

I've never been diagnosed with IBS, but does it point that way?

Thanks

Inanna xx

I also get a huge anxiety surge when I feel the gas in my stomach, it's awful but then the gut-stomach connection is very connected. Like you I don't feel like eating but when the meal is there, I enjoy it. I had a colonoscopy 7 years ago and it was fine, I've had no blood in my motions so don't need another one yet unless the Dr recommends it.

1. We did the hard months in lockdown abiding by rules for you to get here.
    2. No one gives a shit if you prefer white towels or hotels with sea views.
    You're in quarantine for fourteen days ...obey the rules.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread Information