Page 12 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Now I'm Under Lockdown Due to Protests and Looting

Re: Now I'm Under Lockdown Due to Protests and Looting

Well, it turns out I was wrong. The Starbucks and Denny's was boarded up out of precaution--not looting. They put the curfew on because there was a clash between the protesters over George Floyd's death and a group of pro-Trump counter-protesters and "defend the city" protesters. They don't want any more fighting.

So it's okay to gather in huge numbers now in public as long as you have a righteous cause? Covid got bumped from the MSM top spot?

Infection rates are on the way back up in many US states, and that is being linked to the protests, so brace yourselves.

This protest in London was allowed to go ahead. So does this mean that the rule of no social gatherings of more than six people has now been lifted in the UK?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ns-London.html
    Last edited by Panicattacka; 07-06-20 at 11:32.

Oh no...

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Is it more in the next city than yours, Vee? Hopefully they will get it under control swiftly like last time.

A few clashes between protesters and police here but it's to be expected with an issue like this. It's one that gat brings out those just looking for a fight with the authorities. Most are peaceful though and I feel sorry for them getting caught up against the police.

The usual wallies who are out for a ruck just for the sake of it. Probably trying to re-live the Poll Tax riots of 30 years ago which in turn were also hijacked by the usual baying mobs hell-bent on anarchy and mass destruction, but that was in the pre-internet/social media era, so disturbances of that calibre (which we thankfully haven't yet seen since) were far more meaningful. Surely there were far more hot-headed police officers here in the UK back then than there are now who would just beat seven bells out of persons they simply didn't like the look of willy-nilly. Same with certain school headteachers prior to the 1986 CP ban who seemed to get kicks from caning and battering certain pupils whom they seemed to have some hatred of, especially if they were Black/Asian, or had learning disabilities.

Yeah, cuz hurling bikes at horses is totally justified, right. You deserve the collapse of your countries.

Quote Originally Posted by Panicattacka View Post
    You deserve the collapse of your countries.
    Sheesh! That was a little extreme don't you think? Having a rough day?

FMP
    Last edited by Fishmanpa; 07-06-20 at 16:42.
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Yeah, cuz hurling bikes at horses is totally justified, right. You deserve the collapse of your countries.
    So the UK is the 'problem' country of the world now then all over just one incident in the USA?

Totally despicable what those hooligans did in London yesterday by lobbing bikes at horses, but everywhere else in this country where BLM demos have taken place so far have been mostly peaceful with no full-on 'riots', nor even any attempted terrorist attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    So the UK is the 'problem' country of the world now then all over just one incident in the USA?

Totally despicable what those hooligans did in London yesterday by lobbing bikes at horses, but everywhere else in this country where BLM demos have taken place so far have been mostly peaceful with no full-on 'riots', nor even any attempted terrorist attacks.
    But what happened to the need for social distancing and not gathering in groups of more than 6 people? Was all that countermanded?

You know... maybe we do.

Every country has idiots and criminals. Why judge a country based on this?

Page 12 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread Information