Page 32 of 34 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 LastLast

Thread: Now I'm Under Lockdown Due to Protests and Looting

Re: Now I'm Under Lockdown Due to Protests and Looting

Fire update: Well, the winds that have cleared out the smoke down here in the valley by the beaches, so we have beautiful blue skies again...but those same winds pushed the fires over the top of the mountains and to the other sides, and a bunch of houses in the valley on the other sides of the mountain burned down :/ I was so excited to have clear sky here, but now I feel bad for what happened to those other people.

Also, Shana Tovah to all my Jews out there! Ruth Bader Ginsburg, you are among the righteous. All of us will be saying the Kaddish for you this weekend. You will be missed.

Update on the fire started by the gender reveal party: A firefighter has passed away. We are awaiting to see if those people will face manslaughter charges.

https://abc7.com/firefighter-dies-ba...eveal/6436479/

Update on the fire started by the gender reveal party: A firefighter has passed away. We are awaiting to see if those people will face manslaughter charges.

https://abc7.com/firefighter-dies-ba...eveal/6436479/

Hopefully they will face criminal prosecution. Their actions differ little to lobbing a flaming torch.

Do you expect stern action? The Aussies jump on anyone causing fires (quite rightly). The potential loss of life could be high so being made an example of seems appropriate.

Condolences to the fire fighters family. They are brave people. It always amazes me how we pay them so little compared to many public sector jobs.

On the Covid situation, Vee, there is a report on the BBC of one man going abroad then returning to go on a pub crawl rather than quarantine. He is cited as one of the reasons for a town going from low number of cases to the worst we have. Another who needs making an example of.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Hopefully they will face criminal prosecution. Their actions differ little to lobbing a flaming torch.

Do you expect stern action? The Aussies jump on anyone causing fires (quite rightly). The potential loss of life could be high so being made an example of seems appropriate.

Condolences to the fire fighters family. They are brave people. It always amazes me how we pay them so little compared to many public sector jobs.

On the Covid situation, Vee, there is a report on the BBC of one man going abroad then returning to go on a pub crawl rather than quarantine. He is cited as one of the reasons for a town going from low number of cases to the worst we have. Another who needs making an example of.
    Exactly the reason behind my indignation towards foreign holidays abroad ATM. It was certainly a disaster waiting to happen IMO.

Yet pubs and schools continue to be scapegoated the most while I'm convinced it's holidays abroad and mass house gatherings that are mostly to blame. The holidays abroad thing is still being greatly overlooked by both the authorities and the media as one of the main causes.

Confirmation bias at its worst.

We won't know till Monday when the courts open back up what charges they will face.

I know we're having huge issues with mass gatherings. In Rochester, NY, a state where they had huge outbreak a month ago, there was a big house party. So big that people from rival gangs showed up and started shooting at each other. As Halloween approaches at the end of next month, I can only see it getting worse.

All over the news today is your bank scandal.

Quote Originally Posted by AntsyVee View Post
    In Rochester, NY, a state where they had huge outbreak a month ago, there was a big house party. So big that people from rival gangs showed up and started shooting at each other. As Halloween approaches at the end of next month, I can only see it getting worse.
    Well, that saves the Covid killing 'em... not only have you got Halloween but shortly after you have Thanksgiving and then Black Friday. Who'll be buying Covid for Christmas then?!

Halloween never used to be a big thing in the UK when I was a kid - and certainly not Trick Or Treat, which you Colonials can have back, thank you!

You're missing out, PM. Halloween is great. It's a night and/or weekend watching scary movies and getting drunk. And if you're lucky, at end of the night clutching your significant other while watching those movies, you get laid

Not here, Vee, it's just our little kids that bother with it. But as Pamplemousse says years ago it was very low key. It's most likely increased because companies want to sell us stuff. We don't many trick or treaters though.

It can also be a time for idiots throwing eggs at your house as a trick. Teenagers and younger adults causing trouble.

I think the Irish might celebrate it a lot more though given it's their event. It will give Joe Biden something to pretend he has a clue about Northern Ireland

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    Exactly the reason behind my indignation towards foreign holidays abroad ATM. It was certainly a disaster waiting to happen IMO.

Yet pubs and schools continue to be scapegoated the most while I'm convinced it's holidays abroad and mass house gatherings that are mostly to blame. The holidays abroad thing is still being greatly overlooked by both the authorities and the media as one of the main causes.

Confirmation bias at its worst.
    Yes, but the crucial element here is - an idiot. If he had caught it here he would have done the same because he doesn't follow the rules. Can you see him staying home from work?

The pubs gave this idiot both a reason and the opportunity to spread it. It proves you just can't stop it in these places.

Unless you stop people leaving their homes when quarantining and close the pubs...

Page 32 of 34 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 LastLast

Thread Information