Quote Originally Posted by pray4me View Post
Two of the cops involved in the current case are Asian and have had charges against them today.
Of course in this case. Yes! But not in the hypothetical that was posed by Pulisa. And by and large police brutality cases are not racially motivated. you talk about systemic racism. That is a very grey term the left likes to use. Tell me where it exists today?

Here is an abstract from a Harvard University study done in 2016 and updated in 2019. I believe the professor who conducted the study in black.

Date Published:
Abstract:
This paper explores racial differences in police use of force. On non-lethal uses of force, blacks and Hispanics are more than fifty percent more likely to experience some form of force in interactions with police. Adding controls that account for important context and civilian behavior reduces, but cannot fully explain, these disparities. On the most extreme use of force –officer-involved shootings – we find no racial differences in either the raw data or when contextual factors are taken into account. We argue that the patterns in the data are consistent with a model in which police officers are utility maximizers, a fraction of which have a preference for discrimination, who incur relatively high expected costs of officer-involved shootings.
Last updated on 06/03/2019

N.