Page 7 of 34 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Now I'm Under Lockdown Due to Protests and Looting

Re: Now I'm Under Lockdown Due to Protests and Looting

Quote Originally Posted by pray4me View Post
    Two of the cops involved in the current case are Asian and have had charges against them today.
    Of course in this case. Yes! But not in the hypothetical that was posed by Pulisa. And by and large police brutality cases are not racially motivated. you talk about systemic racism. That is a very grey term the left likes to use. Tell me where it exists today?

Here is an abstract from a Harvard University study done in 2016 and updated in 2019. I believe the professor who conducted the study in black.

Date Published:
    Abstract:
    This paper explores racial differences in police use of force. On non-lethal uses of force, blacks and Hispanics are more than fifty percent more likely to experience some form of force in interactions with police. Adding controls that account for important context and civilian behavior reduces, but cannot fully explain, these disparities. On the most extreme use of force –officer-involved shootings – we find no racial differences in either the raw data or when contextual factors are taken into account. We argue that the patterns in the data are consistent with a model in which police officers are utility maximizers, a fraction of which have a preference for discrimination, who incur relatively high expected costs of officer-involved shootings.
    Last updated on 06/03/2019

N.

Quote Originally Posted by pray4me View Post
    Two of the cops involved in the current case are Asian and have had charges against them today.
    On a black victim. My point was whether it would be the same if the victim were oriental? The reason I wonder is because BAME is said to cover all but I wonder how equal they are in the same sense the LGBT+ community says this but it has its own internal problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Noivous View Post
    Of course in this case. Yes! But not in the hypothetical that was posed by Pulisa. And by and large police brutality cases are not racially motivated. you talk about systemic racism. That is a very grey term the left likes to use. Tell me where it exists today?

Here is an abstract from a Harvard University study done in 2016 and updated in 2019. I believe the professor who conducted the study in black.

Date Published:
    Abstract:
    This paper explores racial differences in police use of force. On non-lethal uses of force, blacks and Hispanics are more than fifty percent more likely to experience some form of force in interactions with police. Adding controls that account for important context and civilian behavior reduces, but cannot fully explain, these disparities. On the most extreme use of force –officer-involved shootings – we find no racial differences in either the raw data or when contextual factors are taken into account. We argue that the patterns in the data are consistent with a model in which police officers are utility maximizers, a fraction of which have a preference for discrimination, who incur relatively high expected costs of officer-involved shootings.
    Last updated on 06/03/2019

N.
    From the same artice:

"On nonlethal uses of force, there are racial differences—sometimes quite large—in police use of force, even after accounting for a large set of controls designed to account for important contextual and behavioral factors at the time of the police-civilian interaction. Interestingly, as use of force increases from putting hands on civilians to striking them with a baton, the overall probability of such an incident occurring decreases dramatically, but the racial difference remains roughly constant. Even when officers report that civilians have been compliant and no arrest was made, blacks are 21.2 percent more likely to endure some form of force in an interaction. Yet, on the most extreme use of force—officer-involved shootings—we are unable to detect any racial differences either in the raw data or when accounting for controls."

This article actually proves my point. Also Eric Garner, Rodney King, and George Floyd's deaths were not shooting deaths. Another research study you might be interested in:

https://journals.plos.org/plosone/ar...l.pone.0141854

Also, I think at this point it might be more appropriate fr you to start your own thread if interested in discusisng this further.

It wasn't an article it was a study on the Harvard University website.
    Last edited by Noivous; 04-06-20 at 00:24.

Actually I think that is making my point. It pretty much said the same thing as the abstract.

And this from the leftists bible The NYT:

Surprising New Evidence Shows Bias in Police Use of Force but Not in Shootings
    – New York Times

11up-SUB-FORCE-master675
    A new study confirms that black men and women are treated differently in the hands of law enforcement. They are more likely to be touched, handcuffed, pushed to the ground or pepper-sprayed by a police officer, even after accounting for how, where and when they encounter the police.

But when it comes to the most lethal form of force — police shootings — the study finds no racial bias.

“It is the most surprising result of my career,” said Roland G. Fryer Jr., the author of the study and a professor of economics at Harvard. The study examined more than 1,000 shootings in 10 major police departments, in Texas, Florida and California.

The result contradicts the image of police shootings that many Americans hold after the killings (some captured on video) of Michael Brown in Ferguson, Mo.; Tamir Rice in Cleveland; Walter Scott in South Carolina; Alton Sterling in Baton Rouge, La.; and Philando Castile in Minnesota.

Quote Originally Posted by Noivous View Post
    It wasn't an article it was a study on the Harvard University website.
    A research study once published is also called a research article. I read the whole study (the Fryer one , the abstract of which you shared) and excerpted the conclusions statement verbatim. Posting any more than that would be a copyright violation. The last statement in the abstract that you're basing your opinion on focused on 'shooting deaths' where they did not find a statistically significant difference by race . For all other forms of force (even when the victim was unarmed and compliant), they found Blacks were 21.2% more likely to be at the receiving end. Once again, Eric G, Rodney K, and George F were not shooting deaths.

I also link to another research study by Rose at al. which shows brutal force is more likely to be used with Black victims. Here it is again
    https://journals.plos.org/plosone/ar...l.pone.0141854

I have a feeling this can keep going on. I won't reply to any further posts from you as it's disrespectful to do so on AntsyVee's thread.

Wow it took you awhile to look that up. I'm still waiting for an example of systematic racism in America today.

Ok so I've given you the "article" and I've given you commentary from the NYT - 2 Bastions of progressivism.

Here's commentary from the right.

https://www.commentarymagazine.com/j...hootings-myth/

Cluck

BTW I respect Vee very much... and I hope she knows that.

Page 7 of 34 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread Information