Quote Originally Posted by wasdhu View Post
Of course disabled lives matter, and the police definitely are brutal towards disabled people as well, just google it and you will get hundreds of results, reading about it is sickening. The problem is police unfairly target black people/communities. The protests are about bringing light to police brutality and demanding it be reformed/abolished, as well as justice for all those killed/harmed/unfairly prisoned.
I'm not referring to any new incidents concerning the BLM thing per se, but I was thinking this morning about that incident involving David 'Rocky' Bennett who was subjected to brutality by staff in a psychiatric unit in Norwich, England in October 1998, that sadly proved fatal, and that victim was both Black and had a developmental disability.

As tragic as it was, I don't even recall the original incident when it was in the news at the time, it was only just over a decade later that I found out about it (around the time of the Winterbourne View scandal), and I don't recall that big a deal being made out of it at the time either.

I bet had that particular incident occured today in these more enlightened times there would have been a major kerfuffle, not just in this country but the world over, with both the BLM and disability rights camps taking to the streets en masse!!