Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Now I'm Under Lockdown Due to Protests and Looting

Re: Now I'm Under Lockdown Due to Protests and Looting

Well, in my city, once the Guard rolled through, everything calmed down. The dumba$$es stopped the fireworks. In the city next door, they finally got them out of there about a half hour later. My city's people respected the curfew, thank G-d, and no looting in my city. All the looting was in the city next door. It quieted down and I was able to get to sleep around midnight. There was a police chase on the freeway as I was going to bed, but I didn't stay up to watch it.

Well, I take it back. Our courthouse was tagged up last night and had windows broken. Luckily, no looting!

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    No doubt that's very stressful and the rhetoric from leadership is not helping the situation.

If its stressful for those without anxiety, I can only imagine what its like for sufferers. Stay safe Antsy!

Positive thoughts
    Isn't that the truth? It shows you just how much certain leaders are alienated from their population and don't have a clue.

Update: Day #3

So LA county is under a curfew from 6 pm on, except for Santa Monica which had a 1:30 pm curfew. Orange county is under curfew depending on the city. My city has a 10 pm curfew, which hasn't arrived yet (it's 8:45 pm), but so far so good in my city. There are some illegal fireworks being shot off, but nothing like last night. The city next door (where they had the looting last night) is under a 5 pm curfew. Lot of people came out with brooms and trash cans to help the shop owners clean up where the looters destroyed. That was really touching to see. Unfortunately, most of the stores that got looted were small "mom and pop" shops. They were hit by CV, and now they've been hit by this.

There was looting in Hollywood today, but the police were able to get control of it much easier than the looting last night. We're now on the third police pursuit on the news. The first two pursuits were organized looters who assaulted police officers and tried to get away. Luckily, none of it no where near me so far!

The police just got the people in the third pursuit. Also looters!

So Tweety went on TV and said he would call in the military to disperse the protests. Then, he had the police clear the way from the White House, using tear gas and rubber bullets so he could walk to a church to get a photo op holding a Bible!

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross."

Positive and scary thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I knew it! This was part of his plan all along!

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    So Tweety went on TV and said he would call in the military to disperse the protests. Then, he had the police clear the way from the White House, using tear gas and rubber bullets so he could walk to a church to get a photo op holding a Bible!

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross."

Positive and scary thoughts
    I know. The precedent of the use of presidential force to stop violent protests goes all the way back to Washington during the Whiskey Rebellion. But the protesters that Tweety had cleared from the WH were peaceful and just exercising their first amendment rights. Now today he's bragging about his use of force on them.

That's it then. America has become a dictatorship.

Quote Originally Posted by AntsyVee View Post
    It's that. Many don't want to acknowledge that white privilege exists and that darker skin is unfortunately associated with crime and violence. It's this unconscious bias that seems to be deeply embedded in our culture. It's not just a police officer thing. When people lie about a crime they've committed, who do they say did it? An unidentified black man. When people see a black person walk through a non-black neighborhood, they get nervous. People who aren't black are scared to drive in mostly-black neighborhoods. Even within minority cultures here, the people with darker skin are teased or made fun of. Even other black people tease their friends and relatives with darker skin. I have family members who do it. (Even though they make fun of me for my light skin. You can't win!). It just seems so pervasive, but so many don't want to acknowledge it.
    I remember listening to one of Obama's speeches where he said he got used to the sound of the central locking operating on the white folks' cars when he got near them - and we've seen enough reporting in the UK of white people calling the police because someone black has appeared in their neighbourhood.

Yes, I've also seen it first hand with my family and some of my coworkers. Because I have light skin, I've even been asked if I've needed help when surrounded by my family who have darker skin out in public.

Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information