Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Now I'm Under Lockdown Due to Protests and Looting

Re: Now I'm Under Lockdown Due to Protests and Looting

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    I remember listening to one of Obama's speeches where he said he got used to the sound of the central locking operating on the white folks' cars when he got near them - and we've seen enough reporting in the UK of white people calling the police because someone black has appeared in their neighbourhood.
    We've seen some cases. How many of all colours viewed it as ridiculous?

Lots of BAME people in my area. The police would be opening stations on every street.

Quote Originally Posted by FrankT View Post
    That's it then. America has become a dictatorship.
    Try to keep things in perspective, Frank. They wouldn't be using tear gas in countries like that as we have seen in some cases.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post

Lots of BAME people in my area. The police would be opening stations on every street.
    For clarity Terry, I worded it badly: my post should have read "..and we've seen enough reporting in the UK from the US of white people calling the police because someone black has appeared in their neighbourhood."

Quote Originally Posted by FrankT View Post
    That's it then. America has become a dictatorship.
    I haven't taken over yet, Frank. Patience. Keep calm for now. Catastrophizing won't help.

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Quote Originally Posted by AntsyVee View Post
    I haven't taken over yet, Frank. Patience. Keep calm for now. Catastrophizing won't help.
    What exactly are you waiting for, old girl?

Never Surrender, Comrade

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post

In my area, the protests have been people of all colors. Whites, Asian Americans, Mexican Americans, other Latinos, blacks, African Americans... My Armenian American neighbors have a BLM sign in their front yard for support. Makes sense, socal only about 30%, non-Hispanic white. The other 70% has background from all over. At least in my area, from what I can see, and from what I've seen on the local news, pretty much everyone believes Floyd was killed by police brutality.

I know there were further protesters in downtown today, but they've all been peaceful so far. Our local police force took a knee with protesters today before they started work.

Who knows, maybe this will turn into a issue that ends up uniting us?

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    For clarity Terry, I worded it badly: my post should have read "..and we've seen enough reporting in the UK from the US of white people calling the police because someone black has appeared in their neighbourhood."
    I'm with you now. Yes, I remember seeing the one where the poor guy was trying to get into his apartment building and a woman confronted him then called the police. Disgraceful behaviour. The police should be slapping charges on such people, the upset they cause warrants some action.

Quote Originally Posted by KK77 View Post
    What exactly are you waiting for, old girl?
    Sigh. My shipment of nukes still hasn’t come in yet. Damn customs.

Protestors? Did someone say protestors? I saw three of them running down the street the other day. One of the protestors had a 41" Sony Smart TV. Another protestor had a Kitchen Aid 12 Speed Mixer. And the third protestor had a 16" MacBook Pro. I'm trying to figure out what exactly they were protesting with all that new electronic equipment?

Maybe the high price of electricity?

N.

Quote Originally Posted by Noivous View Post
    Protestors? Did someone say protestors? I saw three of them running down the street the other day. One of the protestors had a 41" Sony Smart TV. Another protestor had a Kitchen Aid 12 Speed Mixer. And the third protestor had a 16" MacBook Pro. I'm trying to figure out what exactly they were protesting with all that new electronic equipment?

Maybe the high price of electricity?

N.
    Riots are always a good time to go shopping for bargains, N

I feel sorry for the small businesses. It's bad enough in normal times but right now they are already trying to stay afloat.

Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information