Page 5 of 34 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Now I'm Under Lockdown Due to Protests and Looting

Re: Now I'm Under Lockdown Due to Protests and Looting

Quote Originally Posted by Noivous View Post
    No.

There is also a difference between protesting and rioting, Vee. MLK, Gandhi, they knew how to protest peacefully and properly...and with great results I might add.

Also, I don't believe police brutality by and large is racially driven. It's more of a power trip problem. How does anyone of us know that this most recent incident was done by someone who has hatred in his heart for blacks. But it's obvious he was on a total out of control power trip. Everyone of us has seen cops abusing their position. Give people a gun a badge and all that authority and a fair amount of them will behave poorly. And most of them don't care what color you are. Certainly there are racist cops...of all colors. There are racist teachers too, and racist librarians, racist house painters....

N.
    Wow, I think this might be the best post I've seen you write, N I do agree with you, that we don't know what made that officer a tool. He had 18 prior complaints. It could have been that his next victim just happened to be black.

But I also have to agree with Pray4me that there is systemic racism going on, in general. Like you said, we don't know what made this officer do what he did, but I also know that in our country there is this racist mindset that sees black people as dangerous.

There were organized crime members just waiting to take advantage of the civil unrest. We've seen organized looters come through, especially in Long Beach on Sunday night. They weren't local people or people with the protest. They came in SUVs with the license plates covered. They were all covered in dark clothing and came prepared with crow bars and duffle bags. They broke, ran in, filled the bags and someone was waiting in those SUVs to drive them off.
    Last edited by AntsyVee; 03-06-20 at 18:38. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by KK77 View Post
    I have an old water cannon Bozzo gave me in my garage....is that any good? I could have DHL deliver it forthwith
    It's a start! I also have a feeling that Hollow is preparing for the Zombie apocalypse and has a cache of weapons and supplies somewhere. I might just raid his house, first

Oh, and N, I'm sorry to say, but I think Hollow has usurped your position as NMP Conspiracy Theorist. I can work on a new title for you in my regime if that's acceptable?

Quote Originally Posted by AntsyVee View Post
    Oh, and N, I'm sorry to say, but I think Hollow has usurped your position as NMP Conspiracy Theorist. I can work on a new title for you in my regime if that's acceptable?
    You can't be telling the truth these days without being labelled a "conspiracy theorist" so it's a badge of honour.

Quote Originally Posted by pray4me View Post
    I think a distinction must be made between individual and systemic racism. I agree that racial prejudice exists among all racial/ethnic groups and across all walks of life. Often this manifests in one-on-one interactions. But its effects are cataclysmic when racism against specific groups is condoned and even encouraged by systems and authority figures based on faux notions of racial superiority. Saying that cops in America don't care what color you are when exercising their authority is denying the existence of systemic racism.
    Yes it is.

N.

Quote Originally Posted by AntsyVee View Post
    Wow, I think this might be the best post I've seen you write, N I do agree with you, that we don't know what made that officer a tool. He had 18 prior complaints. It could have been that his next victim just happened to be black.

But I also have to agree with Pray4me that there is systemic racism going on, in general. Like you said, we don't know what made this officer do what he did, but I also know that in our country there is this racist mindset that sees black people as dangerous.

There were organized crime members just waiting to take advantage of the civil unrest. We've seen organized looters come through, especially in Long Beach on Sunday night. They weren't local people or people with the protest. They came in SUVs with the license plates covered. They were all covered in dark clothing and came prepared with crow bars and duffle bags. They broke, ran in, filled the bags and someone was waiting in those SUVs to drive them off.
    Oh no Vee I've had much better posts than that...I was half asleep on that one.

I don't think all black people are dangerous do you? I don't think all white people are dangerous either do you?

And charging someone as a conspiracy theorist is just a charge to silence and marginalize someone. An educated person like yourself should know that.

N.

If a black police officer had committed the same offence on a white member of the public, would there be a similar reaction?

Wow, N. Who peed in your Cheerios?

You know I don’t think like that. I pointed it out because I’ve had family who’ve been on the receiving end of that thinking, and you know that too.

As for the conspiracy theorist thing, you know I’m just teasing you and Hollow. I’ve never told anyone on here not to express their opinions. In fact, I think I’m pretty open about the sharing of them, especially with you, even when we are pretty much polar opposites politically. But if it’s upsetting you, I’ll stop. You could have asked politely instead of trying to chastise me as if I’m a kid.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    If a black police officer had committed the same offence on a white member of the public, would there be a similar reaction?
    From the neo-Nazi hordes, maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow View Post
    You can't be telling the truth these days without being labelled a "conspiracy theorist" so it's a badge of honour.

Very much not the case otherwise we are all CTers at some point...

Page 5 of 34 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread Information