Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What does tolerance means? Does it have a limit?

Re: What does tolerance means? Does it have a limit?

Quote Originally Posted by SufferingSilent View Post
    I stopped Clomipramine because I took it in 2016 and it was reaaaaal awesome in the beginning but it lost all effect after only few months, when it worked, I experienced a real new version of me, I was very social, happy, fully satisfied with my mental statue but unfortunantely it stopped...
    What was the dose?

I think I have good reaction to only Tetracyclic antidepressant and may be also (Tetracyclic antidepressant which I have never tried one of them)
    Tetracyclic ADs are mirtazapine and maprotiline neither of which are good antidepressants, ime. Did you mean tricyclic antidepressants (TCAs)? If so clomipramine is a TCA.

Have you tried escitalopram, or another SSRI in the past? If so was it effective?

What do you think if I ask my doctor to try me on Trimipramine and leave Clomipramine, and in case Trimipramine crashes again I switch back to Clomipramine may be it will work again if it leave my system.
    Trimipramine is a weak serotonin reuptake inhibiting TCA. Clomipramine is a potent serotonin and noradrenaline/norepinephrine reuptake inhibiting TCA. Imo, clomipramine would be the better choice.

I bought Melatonin now and I set up my own prescription like this:
    07h00: Escitalopram 10mg
    21h00: 1.25mg Lorazepam / Melatonin
    I've checked on drugs.com interaction and there is no serious interactions in this.
    The problem is that I can't stay awake and I always force my self to sleep due to depressive mood.
    I'm confused. You can't stay awake, or you can't sleep?

Do tou think I have some kind of dysthymia.
    Probably. Dysthymia is a less severe form of depression than 'major depression' but it is longer lasting unless treated. Major depression has stronger symptoms, some can become almost catatonic, but it tends to have more and longer periods of remission between episodes whereas dysthymia can continue for years without a break.

I remember doctor told me mý case is Pyschique (in French) and he scared me so much saying that, I felt hopeless when he said it...
    Did he meant that my depression is kinda unfixable and very vicious.
    Anxiety disorders and depression are physical disorders as I wrote in an earlier post. They are caused by a loss of brain cells due to high stress hormone levels in the brain (or the prolonged use of alcohol, or BZDs). Both therapy and ADs work by stimulating the growth of new brain cells. Your condition is not hopeless.

Clomipramine dose was 50, after we tried to 150, but no positive. It stopped working for my depression.

Yes I tried some of Escitalopram, Venlafaxine... but I think I didn't give them a lot of time...

I meant I can't stay awake and have pleasure to live my day like normal people, I have no pleasure to do my hobbies... All I want to do is stay sleep, and I abuse a bit of Quetiapine because of this to force myself to sleep all-day. It effective at first at 50mg but now I raised it to 100mg on my own, and If I try it on 200mg I feel my heart going slow and feel like a zombie (such a disguisting feeling) and gives me nightmares, I can't tolerate more than 100mg of this drug.
    One doctor gave me chlorpromzine 100mg and he told me to do 200mg If I can't sleep, and it was such a nasty drug, I felt like a zombie on it, I HATE all that family of drugs "Phenothiazines" ( and I tried one time another one of the same family called NOVAZIN, generic: Lévomépromazine.
    I suspect my negative reation is because I might be having a cardiac issue. (NOT SURE JUST GUESSING)
    As always Im feeling hopeless even though Im trying to get myself hospitalized in psychatric hospital for my major depression and lorazepam abuse, and my brain is still saying to me that even the hospital is not going to fix you, all I have is a dark negative cloud on my brain.
    I'm asking my mother to buy me a treadmill to start exercsing on it, may be it will help me a bit. At least I start exercising before bed and take my 50mg Quetiapine to sleep.
    I have hope on drugs like Gabapentin as I saw on drugs.com, most people loved it and it solves their depression, but unfortunately I'm sure that is impossible a doctor will give to me here in Algeria, since they're abused on street with Pregabalin.
    Last edited by SufferingSilent; 06-06-20 at 19:36.

Clomipramine dose was 50, after we tried to 150, but no positive. It stopped working for my depression.
    How long did you take 150mg?

I meant I can't stay awake and have pleasure to live my day like normal people, I have no pleasure to do my hobbies... All I want to do is stay sleep, and I abuse a bit of Quetiapine because of this to force myself to sleep all-day. It effective at first at 50mg but now I raised it to 100mg on my own, and If I try it on 200mg I feel my heart going slow and feel like a zombie (such a disguisting feeling) and gives me nightmares, I can't tolerate more than 100mg of this drug.

One doctor gave me chlorpromzine 100mg and he told me to do 200mg If I can't sleep, and it was such a nasty drug, I felt like a zombie on it, I HATE all that family of drugs "Phenothiazines" ( and I tried one time another one of the same family called NOVAZIN, generic: Lévomépromazine.
    You need to stop self-prescribing medications because you clearly don't know what you are doing. Forcing yourself to sleep all the time with sedating drugs such as quetiapine and chlorpromazine is making your depression worse. Stop doing this nonsense please!!!!

As always Im feeling hopeless even though Im trying to get myself hospitalized in psychatric hospital for my major depression and lorazepam abuse, and my brain is still saying to me that even the hospital is not going to fix you, all I have is a dark negative cloud on my brain.
    That is the depression talking. Stop listening to it.

I'm asking my mother to buy me a treadmill to start exercsing on it, may be it will help me a bit. At least I start exercising before bed and take my 50mg Quetiapine to sleep.
    Exercise has been proven to significantly ease depression. Does anxiety make it difficult/impossible for you to leave the house/apartment to go for a walk?

I have hope on drugs like Gabapentin as I saw on drugs.com, most people loved it and it solves their depression, but unfortunately I'm sure that is impossible a doctor will give to me here in Algeria, since they're abused on street with Pregabalin.
    Gabapentin and pregabalin are not antidepressants, although they may ease anxiety triggered depression. They do the same thing as BZDs, but by a different mechanism. BZDs slow down neuron 'firing' by making it easier for negatively charged chlorine ions (Cl -) to enter neurons making it harder for them to raise their internal voltage to the depolarising (firing) point. Gabapentin/pregabalin achieve the same result by inhibiting positively charged calcium ions (Ca ++) from entering the neurons.

I now started thinking that may be Lorazepam or other drugs has damaged a certain part of my brain that regulates mood.
    The damage look permanent and unfixable, not sure If I can survive more with this mood...

I now started thinking that may be Lorazepam or other drugs has damaged a certain part of my brain that regulates mood.
    The damage look permanent and unfixable, not sure If I can survive more with this mood...
    Lorazepam and whatever other drugs you took may have reinforced the hippocampal atrophy initially caused by high brain stress hormone levels, but this is reversible with antidepressants and/or therapy. It is not a permanent condition unless you decide to make it so by continuing down the destructive path you seem to have been on with self medicating. OTOH, if you follow the treatment prescribed by your doctor you will likely recover to lead a normal life. It is really up to you.

I posted this on a facebook group but they deleted it, anyone can give me ideas, im hopeless, please do not ingore:

The rehab centre may use meds like carbamazepine (Tegretol) to help ease withdrawal, but I don't think getting off lorazepam is the most important issue at the moment. Getting your anxiety and depression under control is. Are you taking the antidepressant prescribed by your doctor? If not, you should.

Yes Im trying my best, but the doctor is not giving me much time to, it gives me only one week to see her again, and as you know antidepressants recommends at least 3 or 4 weeks to see their benefits.
    Im currently retrying Paroxetine which it didn't work in 2016, but we decided to give it another shot.
    Thank you panic_under_down, Im really happy to find people like you, I wish you the best in your life.

Yes Im trying my best, but the doctor is not giving me much time to, it gives me only one week to see her again, and as you know antidepressants recommends at least 3 or 4 weeks to see their benefits.
    More likely 5-12 weeks. As this is not your first time of antidepressants it will probably be closer to 12 weeks than 5 weeks.

Im currently retrying Paroxetine which it didn't work in 2016, but we decided to give it another shot.
    I thought you were trying escitalopram

No I stopped it, Im seeing a new doctor now...
    Is it possible that it can work now for me, (Paroxetine) while it didn't in 2016 which I had bad reaction to it in that time... have you seen similar cases like this? people who tries the same antidepressant that it didnt work for them after trying them a long time ago, sorry for asking such miserable and stupid questions like this... I hope you feel how miserable I'm trying to fix this low depressive mood.

I have set this list of meds that I still have faith in them, especially Abilify.

● Antidepressant I didn't try:
    TRIMIPRAMINE
    MIANSERINE
    SERTRALINE
    FLUVOXAMINE
    ESCITALOPRAM (I did not give it much time to see if it works or not)
    DULOXETINE / CYMBALTA
    CLOZAPINE
    CITALOPRAM

MAPROTILINE
    MIRTAZAPINE

●Neuroleptics: (I hate zombie feeling drugs, I want something to give me mental energy and emotions like Clomipramine did to me before it pooped out)
    ABILIFY
    SULPIRIDE
    OLANZAPINE
    (What do you think?)

Sorry that I didn't tell you that I had some psychotic ideas in past, once I gave my money on the street to people thinking that god was telling me things to do...
    Also lost a job because one time I had paranoia and thinking god was telling me that my father did an accident on road after taking me to my job location and I had to quit the job to check the road where my brain was telling and lying to me.
    But for now I learned to manage this problem, I don't respond to these psychotic obsessions anymore, the only struggle I have now is the extreme low mood and the zero motivation to do things I once enjoyed, like walking 6kms everyday and spotting old and interesting cars around me, collecting music, use my pc... I lost all interest because of the low mood...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information