Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: What does tolerance means? Does it have a limit?

Re: What does tolerance means? Does it have a limit?

I respect so much my psychiatrist because of her humanity but last time I got angry of her and blurted out of it office cursing on myself, she wants to force me on this hell of Paroxetine, and I'm done with it... 6 weeks is enough for me to take all that torture, it was unbearable along with the useless Amisulpride / Atarax. (at least for me, everyone reacts differently)
    And she refused to give me 100mg Quetiapine for sleep, I'm completely dependent on it.
    I've seen another doctor after having a breakdown in front of my family I was crying and miserable...
    He gave me Escitalopram/Abilify, I don't know what I'm heading now...
    At first he wanted to give me Zyprexa but after telling him that I'm already not having a normal rhythm of sleeping because I spent most day sleeping and agitated in my bed he switched to Abilify after I purposed on him.
    NOW! what do you think about this new mess... I know Abilify is not very loved and welcomed but at least there are some good reviews about it... and comparing it to Zyprexa which one do you think from your experience is the best for a bad mood major depression.

Quote Originally Posted by SufferingSilent View Post
    she wants to force me on this hell of Paroxetine, and I'm done with it... 6 weeks is enough for me to take all that torture, it was unbearable
    What are the problems with paroxetine? Side-effects, or not working?

He gave me Escitalopram/Abilify, I don't know what I'm heading now...
    You have been on escitalopram a couple of times recently, but each time stopped taking it after only a day, or two. What was the reason for doing this?

which one do you think from your experience is the best for a bad mood major depression.
    None of the anti psychotics. However, I think the doctor prescribed it mostly to keep you calm until the escitalopram begins to work, not to treat the depression directly.

1. The paroxetine seemed to make me worse, It made me worse than Anafranil, I started crashing on it in front on my family, I cry and beg them for help... I'm going mad, 5/6 weeks should be enough to see a bit of improvement not making me worse like it did.

2. I stopped the Escitalopram after 2 days of 3 because of switching doctors a lot, I'm hopeless...

I'm on my first day now on Abilify 10mg / Escitalopram 10mg and I already experiencing extreme yawning, I'm not sure if I will take more of it in the next days, it seems like just another poison to avoid...
    I think I will keep taking Escitalopram only for 1 month and see what will results.
    My psychiatrist offered me Hospitalization but I don't know what to do, I feel courageless, I keep asking myself what are they doing to me since I have tried a lot of meds without success (but most meds I didn't give them time)
    Imagine I don't even have energy to wash my feet and take a shower.

Do you mean antipsychotics are useless at treating depression?

Do you mean antipsychotics are useless at treating depression?
    Clozapine (Clozaril) has shown promise in treating depression, the others less so and at least one, haloperidol (Haldol), may reverse the positive effects of antidepressants.

However, all antipsychotics with the exception of haloperidol can have other benefits when prescribed with an antidepressant for depression. They are less useful for anxiety and so should not be prescribed.

Clozapine looks good it effects GABA's too no? Olanzapine too?
    You meant Haldol is bad when used with antidepressants, makes them ineffective?
    Dear panic under down you cant imagine the stage of depression I'm struggling with now, even washing my feet is nearly impossible now can't even hold of glass of water, since I have a belly fat and weight gain because of meds, I was very skinny before meds, I was about 70kg and I'm now 111kg which is causing me extreme distess...
    Not sure if my depression is fixable now snice I started being bothered with real life problems especially weight gain... not irrational intrusive thoughts.
    Forgot to tell tou that I have Bromazepam now and I just started abusing like Lorazepam before...
    I will try to give my point of view here which is related to my problem and psychiatrist.
    Now we simulate:
    When a new depressed patient (never took meds) goes to a psychiatrist he will be given an antidepressant and a benzo as always, so the benzo works fastly to fool the patient that his medication is working but in the other hand an unwell informed patient would think that both antidepressant and the benzo are working... but when tolerance builds and the antidepressant is not effective he will be thrown in the deep hole of medication trials and the inefficacity of benzos.
    END.

I asked my docs about Gabapentin since it would do the same job as benzos but with strong GABA action but they told me it is unvailable in Algeria, Lyrica I think exists, what do you think about the Lyrica? even though I'm surely no doctor would prescribe to me because they are abused on street.
    And I really really need something to ease my extreme emotional depressed mood until my antidepressant start working.

By the end I started thinking tha psychotherapy is a big deal because when you have a good therapist who is intellegent and well informative he will diffenitly helps you.

If I enter Hospitalization what do you think they will do them?
    i heared my doc that she will put me on Anafranil Injection cure?! is it different than pills?
    Ans what do you expect about things that happens in Hospitalizations?

Clozapine looks good it effects GABA's too no? Olanzapine too?
    Clozapine binds with GABA(B) receptors which increases dopamine neurotransmission. OTOH, benzodiazepine target binding sites on GABA(A) receptors. Olanzapine binds only weakly to GABA(A) receptors.

You meant Haldol is bad when used with antidepressants, makes them ineffective?
    Yes, because it inhibits hippocampal neurogenesis.

Dear panic under down you cant imagine the stage of depression I'm struggling with now, even washing my feet is nearly impossible now can't even hold of glass of water, since I have a belly fat and weight gain because of meds, I was very skinny before meds, I was about 70kg and I'm now 111kg which is causing me extreme distess...
    You need to exercise more. Not only will it help reduce your weight, but it has been shown to increase hippocampal neurogenesis just as ADs do, although not as strongly.

Forgot to tell tou that I have Bromazepam now and I just started abusing like Lorazepam before...
    You need to stop abusing BZDs. This is making your condition worse. Take one if anxiety becomes unbearable, but only then.

I will try to give my point of view here which is related to my problem and psychiatrist.
    Now we simulate:
    When a new depressed patient (never took meds) goes to a psychiatrist he will be given an antidepressant and a benzo as always, so the benzo works fastly to fool the patient that his medication is working but in the other hand an unwell informed patient would think that both antidepressant and the benzo are working... but when tolerance builds and the antidepressant is not effective he will be thrown in the deep hole of medication trials and the inefficacity of benzos.
    END.
    BZDs should not be routinely prescribed with an AD and especially not for depression, only if AD induced anxiety become an issue and then only for a few weeks until the heightened anxiety from taking the AD diminishes.

I asked my docs about Gabapentin since it would do the same job as benzos but with strong GABA action but they told me it is unvailable in Algeria,
    Gabapentin does not act via GABA. It is not a BZD. BZDs work by increasing the infux of negatively charged chlorine ions into cells which inhibits their ability to reach their depolarisation (firing) potential. Gabapentin (and pregabalin (Lyrica)) work by inhibiting the infux of positively charged Calcium ions into the same cells. The result is the same, they just do it from opposite directions.

Lyrica I think exists, what do you think about the Lyrica? even though I'm surely no doctor would prescribe to me because they are abused on street.
    Pregabalin does exactly the same thing as gabapentin. They are developed by the same company. Pregabalin is the better medication because gabapentin has low bio-availability and it become less bio-available as the dose rises. You need to take much more than twice the dose to get twice the effect. Pregabalin generally has fewer side-effects than gabapentin too. I do not recommend either. You'd just be replacing one addiction with another.

And I really really need something to ease my extreme emotional depressed mood until my antidepressant start working.
    Then you shouldn't be taking either gabapentin, or pregabalin, or a BZD. These are all nervous system depressants. They are making your depression worse.

By the end I started thinking tha psychotherapy is a big deal because when you have a good therapist who is intellegent and well informative he will diffenitly helps you.
    If therapy is available then it can be as effective as medication.

If I enter Hospitalization what do you think they will do them?
    i heared my doc that she will put me on Anafranil Injection cure?! is it different than pills?
    Ans what do you expect about things that happens in Hospitalizations?
    Hopefully, they will wean you off BZDs and treat you with an AD only until you begin to recover. You might also be offered therapy. I don't know why your doctor has suggested intravenous clomipramine (Anafranil). It has no advantage over the pills as far as I know.

Thank you so much!
    I was in Hospital from last Sunday, I got out today, things were awful, they were mixing toxicomans with psychotics and I was bothered by people there for cigarettes, and they made only worse.
    Now I'm out taking Venlafaxine 75mg (they will up my dosage by time) / Clorazepate x3 times / Quitiapine for sleep as I've become depedant on it for sleep but I noticed it have became a bit useless recently and my original dosage was 100mg for a good sleep, now I have only 50mg, I suspect it will not knock me for good sleep. So I will probably go back to Hospital and ask them for Nozinan oral solution (drops) I heard they are good for sleep.

Doctor also will put me on RTMS for soon.
    And I will not switch doctors from now, this only make things worse.

Now I'm out taking Venlafaxine 75mg (they will up my dosage by time) / Clorazepate x3 times /
    So the antidepressant has been changed again? This is ridiculous!!!! It is vital you stay on one AD and only one AD for at least 3 months. Do not change it again no matter what stupid doctors tell you. If whatever you take is not working effectively at the maximum dose after 3-4 months then a change may be necessary, but not before.

Quitiapine for sleep as I've become depedant on it for sleep but I noticed it have became a bit useless recently and my original dosage was 100mg for a good sleep, now I have only 50mg, I suspect it will not knock me for good sleep.
    Quetiapine and other similar medications which sedate by inhibiting histamine H1 receptors are usually most sedating at low doses and become less sedating as the dose increases.

So I will probably go back to Hospital and ask them for Nozinan oral solution (drops) I heard they are good for sleep.
    NO! Not while you are also on both venlafaxine and quetiapine. All three may trigger heart irregularities, taking 3 at the same time is not recommended. A good doctor would be able to adjust doses to compensate, but from what you've posted the doctors treating you are of questionable competence.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread Information