Hi all
Well ive been a frequent poster on this site. Have been hospitalised twice due to severe health anxiety and in a phychiatric hospital recently.
Things started back in middle of november last year. I went and saw my gp with a swollen ankle and was concerned about foot drop, and my speech being 'off', gp not concerned.
Two weeks later twitching started in random places, back to GP, says could be a symptom of MND/ALS, left in complete state of panic, which led me to take an overdose and end up in hospital.
The speech issue continued over xmas and new year and went away around beginning of feb i think.
Went to see my neurologist end of jan for a multiple sclerosis check up, and mentioned the twitching, not concerned but forgot to mention my speech issue.
Had a telephone consultation with my neurologist in April to discuss my fears, told him i had other symptoms and again said he wasnt concerned.
So 7 months on, still twitching occasionally.
The speech thing came back end of March and is still here.
Im finding i cant get words out, and in my mind i am hearing words dont sound right, words such as things ending 'ing', 'sts'.
I know speech issues can and are associated with Multiple Sclerosis, but not lasting this long!!
I called my GP on Friday last week, telling him how frustrating i was finding the speech issue and that i don't want to talk because i worry i sound bad, he asked to see me, so i went and he did a few neurological tests, eg squeeze his fingers, pushing arms down, eyes, looked at my tongue and back of throat, under tongue.
Said when i was talking to him i sounded fine, but speech slowed down when i had to think about what I wanted to say, said it wasnt slurred and tried to reassure me, but i want to go back and see my neurologist!! GP said if he was concerned he would send me himself!!
So 9 weeks with this speech issue and im scared that this could be bulbar, no one has asked if i have been drinking or said i sound drunk but i know i can hear it!!
Sorry for the long post, but in a bad place again.
Anyone else gone through anything like this?
I will say i have been under the crisis/home treatment mental health team and am now under the phychology team and waiting for first appointment.
Many thanks