Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: What's happening to me

What's happening to me

I've posted on other threads for various things going on. According to my Dr I have globus which is anxiety related but it's stopping me from eating much. I just had some toast (first thing of the day) and my lower left side of lip tingled and my tongue and now feels weird and numb. I'm now worried that this combined with the throat issues, painful rib and stomach spasms could mean something neurological. I don't want to Google but I feel it has to be. My lip now feels weird and numb as does the tip of my tongue. I've also been having facial tightness on and off.

Re: What's happening to me

For what it's worth, I get this when I'm stressed. I know it's scary but I honestly don't believe it's any sort of a big deal.

Hi
    I feel for you because I know what it's like. I've got your same symptoms and 100's of others going on. I also sometimes suspect something neurological BUT the thing is that my symptoms come and go. For example I had very bad trouble swallowing for weeks and then one day for no reason it dissapeared. Now I have other things but no trouble swallowing, really weird. I'm also suspecting hormones (don't know if you're female).
    Anyway all I can say is you are not alone and don't Google, it NEVER helps, it ALWAYS makes things worse.

Thank you both. I can't understand how my mind can fly from cancer (completely convinced) to corona, to neurological and then continue in this constant loop. It consumes me from the moment I wake up and it's stealing valuable time away from my children as I'm not as present as I should be. I look at my toddler sometimes and cry as I don't think she'll even remember me as ill be gone and all my 9 year old will have is negative memories. I know only I can change this but I have this constant "what if I'm right this time" thing going on. It doesn't help that I cant even see my GP.I spoke to her this morning and I already want to call her back about this lip/tongue thing. I hate this so much.
    Also, yes I am female and definitely have an imbalance going on with my hormones. For the first time in months though, I've just had a normal period. I'm hoping things are starting to settle in that area. I also have low b12 but I've just had my injection (last Friday) and which was 3 weeks overdue so that probably hadn't helped.

What about thinking "what if I'm wrong again"? Why am I doing this to myself when I know I have HA and when I know that calling the GP and seeking endless reassurance from her and on here is pointless and counterproductive?

Why am I giving my HA more attention than my children? Maybe they will be picking up on this?

Good reasons to challenge your HA, feel the symptoms/sensations but carry on regardless..

I do try, but the sensations come back with a vengeance and I can't just move through them as it turns into a panic and consumes me. In particular the throat tightness. I've read countless posts on here where people have reported identical symptoms but I can't shake it. Not even I can connect the lip tingling to it but my mind is trying. I'm having counselling but Im really feeling this is turning into some kind of depression for me. Can anyone recommend any CBT books? I just want to feel better. My GP has ghven me sertraline but I'm nervous about starting as I'm sensitive to meds and my partner works 6 days a week so he wouldn't be here to help if I were to experience side effects.

I also suffer from what I think is magical thinking. So I'm worried that if I ignore my sensations then they will inevitably turn out to have been of real concern. I've mentioned this to my counsellor and we're working on it. Rationally, I know however I react to the symptoms won't change the outcome. But I'm not feeling rational most of the time!
    Last edited by Charlie1108; 02-06-20 at 14:23.

Hi I am so sorry to hear you are unwell, for what it's worth I know exactly what it feels like to be stuck in a loop I am currently on a cycle of throat tightening and temperature checking. I have convinced myself its covid multiple times and it drains every part of me. I feel so scared and drained and fed up.

The people on here a fantastic I'm sure there are times when I make them want to scream but they are always here and someone will always respond. I want you to know u are not alone I know what it feels like and understand totally the cycle u talk about xxxxx

I am currently working through a fantastic book called the anxiety workbook a 7 week plan by Arlin Cincic. It is really helping me see the cycle (dont get me wrong I still have a long way to go) but so far the book is really insightful.

I hope you are able to find some peace always here I'f u need a chat xx

Good for you, panicstricken. Am really pleased that you are fighting back xx

I just tried to order the book and it's out of stock on amazon. I can see why it'd be in high demand at the moment! I'm reading the Claire Weekes book as that helped me no end when I used to get ectopic beats etc.

Thankyou pulisa I am trying so hard xx thankyou for all your support and all the support from everyone on here xxx I havent heard of that book charlie1108 xx hope the book is back in stock soon it's really good xx fingers crossed it will be there again v soon xx how are you feeling now u doing ok? Xx

Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information