Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: What's happening to me

Re: What's happening to me

It's called self help for your nerves. It's a bit dated but the principles remain the same. I had a very bad day yesterday as I felt very low more that anything. Had a counselling session last night and that was emotional. She feels I'm getting the tight throat and associating it with food as eating is the only thing within my control at the moment. I work myself up so badly before my evening meal. Just feel throughly fed up and still worrying its something sinister, even though the sensations come and go.

How are you doing?

Hi charlie 1108 aww I'm so sorry you had a bad day yesterday I'm kinda having one today xxx feeling low and worried about pretty much everything lol. I hate how it can take over but I'm battling hard.

It's good that you have found someone you can talk to about your worries xxx I will have a good look for that book thankyou it sounds like it will help xxx thankyou.

Have u managed to get any peace today xxx managed to eat anything what about soup I know it's hot weather bit it might not make you feel.so uncomfortable xx

Hello. I haven't felt as low today and have managed to eat 3 meals (first time in a long time) but the tight throat and choking persists - in particular after food. After my evening meal, I didn't give it a chance and got the dog's lead and took her for a stroll. I didn't get the sensations once but now I'm home, they're starting to return. I'm trying to take comfort that I didn't get it when occupied which points towards anxiety, but that nagging little voice in my head is trying to tell me something else. How are you feeling now?

I'm struggling again. Now I'm lying down, my throat is constricted again afm it feels weird to touch. There must be an obstruction in my wind pipe or something

Hi Charlie 1108 how u feeling today? Xx

Hi, thanks for asking. Not very good today. I keep getting a really bitter taste in my mouth. Its awful and I stupidly googled. I don't think this is something innocent x

Awww charlie 1108 I'm so.sorry to here that u are not well xxx I am awful for googling too it's the worst thing because I go from a slight headache to almost certain death in a few clicks. I am sure you are going to be ok have u managed to eat anything today it may be that your stomach is empty and its causing a bit of reflux xxxx I really hope u feel better soon cc here if u need a chat x

Hi. Yes, I had a small evening meal, but had to drink lots of water as everything felt like it was sticking on my throat. I took the dog out straight away again so I'm not sitting and waiting for the throat tightness and took two gaviscon advance. I did have the sensations while trying to get to sleep but my neck muscles are sore either side, so lying on them may be contributing. Have as usual, woken up OK, but can already feel it trying to start.
    In other news, after a long chat with a friend who had similar symptoms but more of a lump, I've decided to start the sertraline today. I'm very nervous but I can't continue like this.

How are you doing? Are you feeling better?

Food is definitely struggling to get down. I have to eat with lots of water now. Even mashed potato sticks in my throat. It must be an obstruction but the Dr won't even see me, let alone refer me. I feel so low.

Hi Charlie 1108 I'm so glad u managed to eat something that's good even if it's small amounts xxc I'm glad u had a good chat with tour friend too talking helps xxxx I understand you being nervous I can only say do what feels right for u xxxx I'm not doing too good either tbh I'm having palpatations I think flips in my chest or goes really fast I'm also getting sudden bouts of extreme dizziness only for brief moments but it's there. Feeling totally fed up but I'm still.working through my book. I'm determined not to call my drs again as the last time they told me I could show signs of covid despite not going anywhere or no one in my household going anywhere in over 10nweeks at the time. Scared the life out of me I ended up.in bed for nearly 3 weeks with every symptom of anxiety I have ever experienced all at once. It was terrifying. So i am determined to try and be rational this time xxxxxxx hope u feel.better soon always here if u need anything x

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information