Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: What's happening to me

Re: What's happening to me

This covid thing definitely started mine off and I was in bed for 2 weeks straight. Like you, every symptom of anxiety under the book. Seems I'm left with this. Just hope it goes soon but I need to accept it as anxiety and that's something I really am struggling with as it feels like I cant breath and my throat is swelling all the time. I think it's a similar thing with palpitations. If you look back at my threads, I had them terribly 3 years ago. Once I accepted (after several ecgs, an echo and counselling) that they were benign they went away. I still get the occasional one but they don't bother me. I've even had them mid exercise and shrugged them off. When I first had then I thought every one would kill me. And I had to give birth with them (literally every third beat) while they were at their worst! I really didn't think my heart would cope. I suppose I need to get to that level of acceptance again but struggling when the gp won't even examine me x

Food is definitely sticking to my throat. Even rice crispies. I've stupidly googled and everything is screaming esophageal cancer

Oh bless you charlie 1108 xx u really are having a bad run of it xx anxiety I mean xxx honestly I have been fixated on so much lately and felt every single symptom xxxx I have this throat dryness or tightening too ever since I read it was a symptom of the dreaded xxx I'm always here if u need a chat but keep.going u are strong and u can do this

It's the food sticking in my throat that scares me. When I was reading about globus it said that it doesn't cause issues with eating, but now mine does. Does this sound like esophageal cancer?

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie1108 View Post
    Does this sound like esophageal cancer?
    Nope Not in the least.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I can't see what else it could be. I really don't think it's anxiety this time. Just attempted some food and had to drink so much water to get it down.

I can't see what else it could be. I really don't think it's anxiety this time. Just attempted some food and had to drink so much water to get it down.
    Perhaps it would be in your best interest to log off, take a walk or watch a movie, listen to music etc. Sitting here all day (you've been on every time I've logged in today) ruminating and googling is just entrenching you in your spiral.

Positive thoughts
    Last edited by Fishmanpa; 07-06-20 at 20:53.
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

I know. I've been obsessing over the globus section, hoping to read some reassuring stories. I have just come back from a fairly long dog walk but it's on my mind 24/7. This inability to swallow foods has really frightened me

According to my Dr I have globus which is anxiety related
    I know. I've been obsessing over the globus section, hoping to read some reassuring stories. I have just come back from a fairly long dog walk but it's on my mind 24/7. This inability to swallow foods has really frightened me
    I have actual swallowing issues due to Head and Neck cancer treatment. For me, its 'chew, chew, sip, swallow' and has been since treatment. You don't have a physical reason but you do have a diagnosed mental reason. The sooner you accept that and treat the real issue, the sooner this will wane. And again, being online, googling, scaring yourself witless and seeking reassurance is not helping yourself in the least.

Positive thoughts

I don't know what the real issue is. I'm having counselling and starting sertraline. I do know I've had a tough 12 months - partner of 11 years was having an affair and we separated. Got back together at Xmas and my anxiety has been creeping in ever since. Throw hormones and a global pandemic into the mix, plus being at home with 2 children 7 days a week and I'm a mess. But I can't shake that the feeling that this time I'm right. I haven't even been examined by a doctor. Just told over the phone that I'm anxious. I have real symptoms.

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information