Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Eye cancer fear.

Re: Blue in vision.

It’s just the light.
    You’ve been seen, your eyes are ok. Your anxiety is not x

Re: Blue in vision.

Ya know, sometimes there are just 'optical illusions' that happen, catching light in a certain way, having tight eye muscles, reflections, going from light to dark - all sorts of things - sometimes things just happen, for no reason at all.

Eye cancer fear.

Hi all.

So I have been to the opticians almost 4 weeks ago with increased eye floaters and flashes of light. I was reassured that everything was fine with my eyes and I they suspected a vitreous detachment.

Back in October 2019 I had another eye test and was told I had Blepharitis which was causing dry eyes. This is what was causing my symptoms - blurriness coming in my vision.

December 2019 I noticed a little lump on my actual eyeball, seems to be yellowish in colour but can look pinkish sometimes. Obviously I googled this and it looks very much like pinguecula.

The optician never mentioned anything about this on my last visit 4 weeks ago. This has been playing on my mind the last few days. As my eyes have been dry, itchy and sore, I find myself looking in the mirror at it a lot.

Vision is still really good.

However, this evening I have Googled, don't ask why... Eye cancer and the images look just what I have on my eyeball.

My question, would the optician have picked up on this on my last visit or do I need to act fast.

Please help, I don't know why I've done this to myself, I feel sick with worry.

Re: Eye cancer fear.

Why am I so fixated on my eyes at the moment.

Only last week I was fearing I had macular degeneration!

So tired of feeling like this. I just want to enjoy life.

I don’t know, but every time I see a post about eyes I know it’s from you & it makes me feel upset for you. I hope that doesn’t come across as patronising.

Other than the obvious (covid/lockdown) is there anything that is bothering you at the moment? Anxiety seems to find an outlet. When you stop worrying about one thing it finds another. You think you’re ok because you’re over the first stupid worry and then bam! There’s another.

Truth is, you need to work on reducing anxiety every day. Even on the good days when you feel fine, or a little silly for the last panic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Scass View Post
    I don’t know, but every time I see a post about eyes I know it’s from you & it makes me feel upset for you. I hope that doesn’t come across as patronising.

Other than the obvious (covid/lockdown) is there anything that is bothering you at the moment? Anxiety seems to find an outlet. When you stop worrying about one thing it finds another. You think you’re ok because you’re over the first stupid worry and then bam! There’s another.

Truth is, you need to work on reducing anxiety every day. Even on the good days when you feel fine, or a little silly for the last panic.

I am sorry, I know I seem to be diagnosing myself with everything lately.

Stress wise, just moving home and trying to get things done. Also my disabled daughter who has been quite challenging due to everything at the moment.

How can i work on reducing my anxiety everyday?

It's very hard when you can see something to obsess over. The visual disturbances I did try and learn to ignore them.

This lump on my eyeball doesn't seem to have changed in size from when I first noticed it.

I'm really sorry you're burdened with this worry. I've had eye issues the past few weeks and it's really driven my health anxiety back through the roof. It sounds like you have a lot of stress, I do too. I've been using the Insight Timer app. It's free and they have some good anxiety and stress reduction guided meditations. I hope that helps a bit. I would go back to the optician and ask about the spot. Otherwise you'll just keep worrying.

Quote Originally Posted by Emily101115 View Post
    I am sorry, I know I seem to be diagnosing myself with everything lately.

Stress wise, just moving home and trying to get things done. Also my disabled daughter who has been quite challenging due to everything at the moment.

How can i work on reducing my anxiety everyday?

It's very hard when you can see something to obsess over. The visual disturbances I did try and learn to ignore them.

This lump on my eyeball doesn't seem to have changed in size from when I first noticed it.
    It definitely sounds like you have a lot of stress, and please don’t apologise. I don’t think you can reduce the stress necessarily but you can reduce the anxiety reactions and the way you deal with it.

Write lists to deal with your practical problems and come up with ideas to help you manage them. Write the same list for your hypothetical problems and apply the same logic.

Try some meditation or relaxation at least once a day x

Thank you.

I tried to keep myself so busy yesterday and didn't really think of my vision or my spot on my eyeball, which now I've calmed myself down it does really just look like a pinguecula. I keep telling myself I will get this looked at once things calm down.

I think today I am coming down with a migrane, had some visual disturbances. Now got some head pain and just feel tired.

I happend to Google again, because the last couple of nights I have dreamt of my dead grandmother. I Google why I keep dreaming of her, which has worried me as it said it could a warning for my health and to pay more attention to it.

I don't know why I do this to myself. X

Quote Originally Posted by carriewriting View Post
    I'm really sorry you're burdened with this worry. I've had eye issues the past few weeks and it's really driven my health anxiety back through the roof. It sounds like you have a lot of stress, I do too. I've been using the Insight Timer app. It's free and they have some good anxiety and stress reduction guided meditations. I hope that helps a bit. I would go back to the optician and ask about the spot. Otherwise you'll just keep worrying.
    Thank you for sharing that with me.

Now I have calmed myself down I can see this looks very much like a pinguecula. I keep telling myself I will get this checked once things have calmed down a bit more x

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information