Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Eye cancer fear.

Re: Visual disturbance/retinal detachment.

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Emmz

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

I have pvd in both eyes. First one was 18 months ago and I was petrified. Was like a money spider in my peripheral vision. Went to optician and was diagnosed with pvd, no retinal detachment. Had scans to check.

Monday morning, this week, lots of long black lines and blurriness with right eye. I phoned my optician who said I needed to be seen within 24 hours and asked me to go and see her in a couple hours. So I went, mask, gloves, etc, as did she. Had drops put in right eye, sat in car for 15 minutes then went back in. Pvd diagnosed again, worse than left eye. She could see a large clump of vitreous gel blurring my vision.

No treatment, but she contacted the Eye Triage team at the hospital, and they're going to ring me on Monday.

I read, dressmake, cross stitch, etc, and its very annoying. It's like looking through a dirty, cobwebby net curtain at the moment.

There are some good articles about it online, the best one on the RNIB website.

Please don't worry too much about it, after a while you learn to live with it and it's not too bad, just irritating at times.

Do you wear glasses or are you short sighted?

Dee

Quote Originally Posted by Dee62 View Post
    I have pvd in both eyes. First one was 18 months ago and I was petrified. Was like a money spider in my peripheral vision. Went to optician and was diagnosed with pvd, no retinal detachment. Had scans to check.

Monday morning, this week, lots of long black lines and blurriness with right eye. I phoned my optician who said I needed to be seen within 24 hours and asked me to go and see her in a couple hours. So I went, mask, gloves, etc, as did she. Had drops put in right eye, sat in car for 15 minutes then went back in. Pvd diagnosed again, worse than left eye. She could see a large clump of vitreous gel blurring my vision.

No treatment, but she contacted the Eye Triage team at the hospital, and they're going to ring me on Monday.

I read, dressmake, cross stitch, etc, and its very annoying. It's like looking through a dirty, cobwebby net curtain at the moment.

There are some good articles about it online, the best one on the RNIB website.

Please don't worry too much about it, after a while you learn to live with it and it's not too bad, just irritating at times.

Do you wear glasses or are you short sighted?

Dee
    Thank you Dee for replying to me.

I don't wear glasses and as far as I know I am not short sighted or long sighted.

I've read lots about PVD back in 2013 when my fear started back then. As I say I've been OK for years until just recently xx

Quote Originally Posted by Bakebeansrule View Post
    I’m glad your son is ok, kids keep us on our toes don’t they?!

I promise you that if the optician thought there was anything for you to worry about you would have been told. You know yourself that’s your anxiety making you second guess what you’ve been told.

I just hope that the opticians will re open in the next couple of weeks and I’ll try and get an appointment then. You’ve really helped me tonight with what you’ve been told about the flashing, that if it doesn’t stop I need to get it seen ASAP. Thank you
    How are you doing now?

Quite a bad day again today.

Had a dream about this dark spot coming into my vision. Now been thinking all day its a sign :(

Feeling absolutely exhausted worrying all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Emily101115 View Post
    How are you doing now?
    Hello, I managed to get an emergency optician appointment in the week. He was great and did a really detailed check. He said the gel inside my right eye is coming away from the retina and that is what’s causing the flashing. He took photos and scans and said he’s 90% sure things will be ok but to go straight to a&e if I see lots of flashing or lots of floaters. He also found a tiny bleed at the back of the eye so is contacting the hospital to see if they want to laser it as there’s a history of retinal detachment in the family. I’m doing ok in myself just getting on with it, having the odd moment of panic but it’s ok. How are you?

Blue in vision.

Hi all.
    Me again! Sorry.

Just wondered if anybody else had had this before and have any idea what this could be.

This evening I was parked outside my partners Mums drive. Her drive is black and as I was looking on her drive at the wheelie bin I could see blobs of blue. It looked like something was reflecting down however I couldn't see anything to be causing this, it went away and come again. It was only when I looked at the side l.

Has anybody had this before?

I've now got a bit of a dull headache only feels like it's at the side of my head, my neck hurts a little when I move it and my ear also feels like it's hurting. Feel a hit nauseaous but don't know if it's before I'm getting myself worried.

Really don't want to start googling. I've been pretty settled these past few days and trying to ignore everything with my vision.

Re: Blue in vision.

I have had blue flashes from the left of my vision (only in one eye), very occasionally , a few times in the month - somebody once described to me how and why this can happen, something to do with the gel substance in the eye pulling on the retina. Don't hold me to that description though. I've had it for many years, and it worried me when it started, but it is literally a flash or two when I look to the side, and then goes. So, the NHS tells us that most flashes and floaters are usually harmless, but of course if you notice anything that concerns you with your vision then don't hesitate to pop along to an opthamologist. Do you have migraine at all ? Just wondering, as the symptoms you describe could be a minor migraine.

Re: Blue in vision.

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    I have had blue flashes from the left of my vision (only in one eye), very occasionally , a few times in the month - somebody once described to me how and why this can happen, something to do with the gel substance in the eye pulling on the retina. Don't hold me to that description though. I've had it for many years, and it worried me when it started, but it is literally a flash or two when I look to the side, and then goes. So, the NHS tells us that most flashes and floaters are usually harmless, but of course if you notice anything that concerns you with your vision then don't hesitate to pop along to an opthamologist. Do you have migraine at all ? Just wondering, as the symptoms you describe could be a minor migraine.
    I went to the opticians 3 weeks ago with flashing from my left eye and what I thought was more floaters. I was talk about the vitreous coming away from my retina.

This yesterday seemed to be different to them flashes.

I do belive u suffer migraines yes. I am under quite a lot of stress at the moment which I think is triggering my heth anxiety.

Woke up this morning and feel so nauseous with loose stool (sorry for too much information) and I feel so tired.

Not sure if I've over indulged or a bit of food poisoning. I had Fish and Chips last night, I don't normally have deep fried foods.

Thank you for taking the time to reply to me.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information