Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Yellow stool and upper stomach cramps. Freaking out!!

Re: Yellow stool and upper stomach cramps. Freaking out!!

Thanks for the replies. I now woke up with mid back pain and left sided stomach pain. If you remember me from other posts I am deathly afraid of tests . I will probably die in bed without ever knowing what cancer finally got me in the end. But its really looking like pancreas, colon or stomach.

Does anyone have symptoms as mine that turned out not to be cancer? mid back pain, stomach pains kinda all over but not all at once. Stabbing on my left side under ribs. Fullness in upper abdomen. Cramping pain in middle of stomach by my belly button and Diarrhea. The yellow poop i think might have been from all the tums I took the day before.

Mid back pain and upper abdominal pain = Google says Pancreas CANCER!!!

Google ALWAYS says everything is cancer! I've had upper stomach pain on and off for a while. I assume it's another delightful symptom of anxiety. You may well be holding yourself differently as well causing muscular pain in the back. But if you are worried, you need to see a doctor. But maybe give it a week to see if things settle?

Quote Originally Posted by always scared View Post
    Does anyone have symptoms as mine that turned out not to be cancer? mid back pain, stomach pains kinda all over but not all at once. Stabbing on my left side under ribs. Fullness in upper abdomen. Cramping pain in middle of stomach by my belly button and Diarrhea. The yellow poop i think might have been from all the tums I took the day before.
    I'm only replying to provide you with language that you can use to challenge your faulty thinking. The answer to your question is yes. I had this and it was not cancer.

So the next time you have the thought of "but its really looking like pancreas, colon or stomach" stop yourself and say, "or it could be a number of other things that I'm completely unaware of because I'm not a doctor."

Best Wishes

Not a doctor or a psychologist, just a guy who's been to a lot of them.

Thanks NotDeadYet
    But I've tried that and it never works for me. I will always only see the worst case. I keep trying to tell myself that I've had some of these symptoms before and they went away. One year ago almost to the day I was also worried about it. Last year i only had the mid back pain on the left side BUT this time it came back with more symptoms!! So if it's been happening since last summer and has been untreated I'm to far gone for help

But I've tried that and it never works for me.
    Have you consistently practiced over and over and over again? Have you told yourself, even promised yourself, not to Google, not to ruminate, not to get on NMP for reassurance and then stuck with it? Have you created an emergency plan of what you'll do when you're feeling the overwhelming urge to Google, ruminate or come on to NMP? Have you set daily, hourly, or even minute by minute goals to challenge your thinking?

If you haven't made that sort of commitment then OF COURSE it isn't going to work. Health anxiety is not overcome with one day's worth of practice or one therapy appointment or one word of reassurance from any of us on here. It takes daily, weekly, monthly and yearly effort. I have determined that health anxiety is my companion for the rest of my life. I can either hate that companion or I can create a relationship with it that allows me to live my life. I have chosen the latter and I'm able to live with my anxiety.

Now, I fully understand and realize that sometimes this is too much. Making the determination to proceed with this rigorous practice may simply be too difficult and out of reach. In those instances, it is so critically important to work with your GP to find a medication that will allow you to get into a good enough head space to be able to put these things into practice.

I've followed you for quite some time on here and I really want what's best for you but I nor anyone else can change you and we will certainly never provide enough reassurance. You have the power to change.

I hope your husband is doing well.

Best Wishes
    Last edited by NotDeadYet; 04-06-20 at 21:52.

Not a doctor or a psychologist, just a guy who's been to a lot of them.

Thanks NotDeadYet
    But I've tried that and it never works for me. I will always only see the worst case. I keep trying to tell myself that I've had some of these symptoms before and they went away. One year ago almost to the day I was also worried about it. Last year i only had the mid back pain on the left side BUT this time it came back with more symptoms!! So if it's been happening since last summer and has been untreated I'm to far gone for help
    So why are you telling us about it here when you won't go to the Dr (or take anyone's advice on here?) You're in victim mode here

Quote Originally Posted by WiseMonkey View Post
    So why are you telling us about it here when you won't go to the Dr (or take anyone's advice on here?) You're in victim mode here

I come on here to see if anyone else is going through the same thing and hopfully get some reassurance
    . The reassurance helps me cope a little bit. I do take the advice given but not about going to see the doctors My doctor knows my fears about going to see her for tests. That is why I'm on Lexapro and klonopin. They were helping for a bit but i'm back to constant fear again. Any new symptoms sends me into a tailspin of terror

Then maybe a check/review your meds with your Dr would help. Klonopin (Clonazepam) is a valium and your body can build up a tolerance to it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information