Thread: Panic attacks came back after 7 months.

Panic attacks came back after 7 months.

Hi, my mom was in the hospital and I had a bad panic attack from 10 to 2pm- felt like I was going crazy. My mom died and I had a panic attack after my sister left town. My mom used to be the only one I could talk to about panic attacks and now I don,t have her. The only difference between the new panic attacks is i don,t hyperventilate. I used to hyoerventilate every time I had a panic attack, but now I don,t. Anyone have any advice.

Re: Panic attacks came back after 7 months.

[QUOTE=Fort Lauderdale 22;1952497]Hi, my mom was in the hospital and I had a bad panic attack from 10 to 2pm- felt like I was going crazy. My mom died and I had a panic attack after my sister left town. My mom used to be the only one I could talk to about panic attacks and now I don,t have her. The only difference between the new panic attacks is i don,t hyperventilate. I used to hyoerventilate every time I had a panic attack, but now I don,t. Anyone have any advice.[/Quote

Hi all, I moved to the states a few weeks ago, but I couldn't, find a decent place to stay. Also, I have no income and am staying at my sister's. I applied for disability, but was ineligible. Also, I am having car trouble . I have to return to Canada and am afraid of having a panic attack because I had them there before there. My sister doesn,t understand and expects me to have a stiff upper lip. I have an appointment for an intake counselor today at 1 .

Sorry you're having a tough time..... I think lots of people experience severe panic episodes after major life stresses... You said your sister doesn't understand, but honestly, if this stuff hasn't happened to you I think it's difficult to appreciate how difficult and serious it is. I've had panic/agoraphobia problems for a while but most severely after my mum was seriously ill and other life problems...

I'm writing because I wanted you to know that you can make progress with this - I'm much better now (not perfect but much better) after doing a variety of things (sert, mindfulness, CBT etc...). I hope you find something that helps you too!

Thanks hello world. IT,S good to know I can make progress. I have an appointment today for intake for counselling at 1245.

Thread Information