Thread: Struggling

Struggling

I’m struggling massively at the moment as I’m sure a lot of people are. I’ve had abdominal and chest symptoms for over 2 years now and apparently there’s nothing wrong with me. I have seen gastro docs etc and had many tests. My major worry at the moment is squeezing in my central to upper chest area (squeezing is new to me). It doesn’t last long but comes and goes all day for days now. When it’s not squeezing I feel like there’s a fist sat in the middle of my chest. I get left arm pain, shoulder and neck pain also. I also feel like my upper abdomen area is squashing my chest which leaves me feeling slightly winded. I do take Omeprazole for reflux but when I had the 24 hour ph test A few months ago the results were normal which is what makes me fear this is not reflux. It can come on when I’m active and when I’m resting. I also get the odd spell of feeling hot and light headed. Over the last couple of years I’ve had chest X-rays, echo, ecg and a stress test on the treadmill and all results were normal but I can’t get over the fear that this is my heart or lungs. Can anyone offer some inspiration to me, I need to pull myself out of this. I’m terrified to even go for a walk (but I do make myself go daily) for fear of having an undetected heart problem that’s gonna make me drop down dead 😔

Re: Struggling

Does it hurt when you press on your ribs or sternum? I have Tietze's syndrome and my chest often feels the way you describe. I can't wear an underwire bra or stand to have anything tight on my chest or stomach.

Quote Originally Posted by carriewriting View Post
    Does it hurt when you press on your ribs or sternum? I have Tietze's syndrome and my chest often feels the way you describe. I can't wear an underwire bra or stand to have anything tight on my chest or stomach.
    Thank you for your reply. Definitely does not hurt to touch my ribs, my sternum doesn’t hurt to touch but feels strange, almost a bit numb (sorry if that doesn’t make sense). I too can’t wear bras, only crop tops that are stretchy. Do you have neck, shoulder or arm pain with your condition? I’ve had chest and upper abdominal problems plus various body aches for 2.5 years now and all I want is an answer x

I have neck, shoulder and arm pain, plus many tender spots all over my body. I've had it for over 10 years. I've just gotten used to it now as every test was negative. I'm pretty sure being in a constant anxious state is responsible. Sorry I can't be more help. I hope you feel better soon.

Thread Information