Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How are you dealing with COVID fears?

How are you dealing with COVID fears?

I’ve been getting a little better but still worry I will end up on a ventilator and will die. Some of my days are better than others. I’m a teacher and worried about teaching in the fall!

Re: How are you dealing with COVID fears?

The best thing for me has been to take control of what I can and try to stay in the moment. There is so much uncertainty surrounding this virus that it's just a waste of energy to what if. I'm in law school and I spent a lot of time worrying about if we'd be going back in the fall, what I'd do, if my daughter would be back in school, etc... and I finally realized it's pointless. No one knows. No one knows what the virus will do tomorrow let alone a few months from now. It's really hard to not try and plan ahead because planning is comforting, but I've mostly managed to stay in the now and take things as they come.

And, I've find a sense of control and calm in my own environment. I feel safe in our home. We pick up groceries curbside, we order things online, etc... At this point I really have no fear of actually catching Covid since we don't go anywhere and I feel like we have control over our environment. I'm having surgery in July and need to go in three weeks for pre-op testing. I was VERY nervous about this a few weeks ago, but I've even stopped worrying about that. The numbers are going down and there is so much in place to keep us safe at doctors that I don't even really worry about catching it at the doctor or in the hospital.

I'm really curious to see what happens in the wake of the protests going on now. They are almost like a national study on the potency and transmission of the virus at this stage and I think the change or lack of change in numbers in the next few weeks will actually be very informative.

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your problem.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Regards

Elen Admin

All of us teachers are worried about the fall, trust me. We’re just going to have to take things a day at a time. When it gets too overwhelming for me, I turnoff the news and do something constructive.

Badly.

Quote Originally Posted by AntsyVee View Post
    All of us teachers are worried about the fall, trust me. We’re just going to have to take things a day at a time. When it gets too overwhelming for me, I turnoff the news and do something constructive.
    Surely they won't open schools until the virus is under control and parents won't be sending their children back until they feel confident that it is.

Hi I’m in South Africa we are currently going into winter and the cases has started picking up, I’m from the western cape which is currently the epicenter of the disease here it’s so scary and I’ve tried to stop watching the news , I’m working from home @ the moment but lockdown has been lifted and the numbers are increasing rapidly , it’s flue season and my sinuses are crazy and scratchy throat that things that would normally not bother me has me thinking in overdrive wondering if I have Covid it’s absolutely crazy , praying for a miracle as we head into the peak here

Quote Originally Posted by FrankT View Post
    Badly.
    Same here, truth be told. I was a wreck last night, in tears and trembling. Why? I'd developed a cough. It would appear it was no more than an irritation from exposure to something as it passed as I went to sleep.

I now have to take sleeping tablets nightly else I lie awake at night; I can't read because there's a second voice in my head going on about the virus. I barely listen to the radio or watch TV because of the virus; and I try and avoid leaving the house because of same. I'm angry partly at myself because I had an agreement with the regular postwoman for her to sign for parcels and put them in a safe place on my behalf - but she seems to have been replaced and now I have to go to the Post Office to collect them and every trip I take past my garden fence feels like I am playing Russian Roulette with my life. I used to enjoy a takeaway weekly, but I've stopped that as there's a contamination potential, either from the delivery or the driver. Plus, it's expensive.

I lost work back in March (pre-LINO) and recently I was offered some again but despite it being an offer well into four figures, I declined. I just don't feel safe beyond my house. As I don't qualify for any government financial assistance schemes, I am living as frugally as possible from my savings. A once-a-week collection of groceries is as much as I can cope with.

I just don't know how the rest of the UK copes with it, especially those in the NHS 'front line'.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamsyn View Post
    Hi I’m in South Africa we are currently going into winter and the cases has started picking up, I’m from the western cape which is currently the epicenter of the disease here it’s so scary and I’ve tried to stop watching the news , I’m working from home @ the moment but lockdown has been lifted and the numbers are increasing rapidly , it’s flue season and my sinuses are crazy and scratchy throat that things that would normally not bother me has me thinking in overdrive wondering if I have Covid it’s absolutely crazy , praying for a miracle as we head into the peak here
    Hi, when did you go into full lock down and how long was it for? Interested as I haven't read much about RSA. We are headed into Winter too but have the virus under control and almost eliminated.

We went on a national lockdown on the 26 March , we then moved down to Level 4 in May and in the 1 June we moved to level 3 , where most businesses are allowed to trade still no visiting , exercising is allowed and masks must be worn when out in public, I must say every effort was put in to help contain the virus.however Cases are increasing at a rapid pace now, however there is no way financially a complete lockdown can last. it’s so scary we just pray

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information