Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hysterectomy in one month! Yikes!

Re: Hysterectomy in one month! Yikes!

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Have faith in the skills of your surgeon and my advice would be to steer clear of triggering experiences online.
    I do need to unfollow these groups for a while I think. In some ways they are so helpful to get the positive experiences and support but it is inevitable that people will post scary things, too. Thank you for all your support!

Quote Originally Posted by ErinKC View Post
    I can imagine that must have been so hard, pulisa!

I've been doing well but today I'm feeling overwhelmed by doom, haha. The closer I get the more the invasive thoughts push and push. I just scrolled past a post someone made in a hysterectomy group I'm in about blood clots and I started to panic. I had initially been terrified of the idea of getting one after surgery but hadn't thought about them in months. Blarg. I think I'm just generally getting bogged down by the world. I keep reminding myself that I am not the center of the universe and all that's going on around me doesn't change anything about my specific surgery and recovery.

It's normal to have the feelings of doom before a major surgery. I had that too before my hysterectomy. I made sure to not read anything bad in the forums I was in (hystersisters). They were really positive and helpful in there. It is a routine surgery that no doubt your surgeon would have done countless times. You'll get through it just fine

Quote Originally Posted by SnowyGreen View Post
    It's normal to have the feelings of doom before a major surgery. I had that too before my hysterectomy. I made sure to not read anything bad in the forums I was in (hystersisters). They were really positive and helpful in there. It is a routine surgery that no doubt your surgeon would have done countless times. You'll get through it just fine
    Thanks, Snowy! My surgeon is so so good. I have to keep reminding myself of this. He's done more hysterectomies than most surgeons and has been operating for 25 years. He did his residency at Johns Hopkins and was the first doctor in the world to use a newly approved robotic surgery technique that was then named for him! I wish I could be doing the robotic, but my uterus is just too big.

I think my biggest fear is just ended up worse off than I started. Fibroids are so tricky because they aren't life threatening so doctors tend to leave the treatment plan up to the patients. Obviously, I'd rather have a non-life threatening condition! But, it also makes me feel stressed out to be the one to make the call about major surgery. I'm a data-driven person, so it makes me uncomfortable to not be able to do a truly accurate risk/benefit analysis.

Wishing you all the very best for your surgery on Wednesday, Erin! Hope everything goes smoothly and that you are soon home and well on the way to a full recovery and a life free from fibroid pain! xx

Thank you so much!! My nerves are pretty high today but I'm pushing through!

Wishing you lots of luck Erin & a very speedy recovery x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information