Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How much money have you won?

Re: How much money have you won?

I won $150 in the lottery once. I'm a huge Lost fan and always play the lottery when the jackpot gets really big. However, I'd never played Hurley's numbers from Lost before until this one time. The Lost numbers are 4 8 15 16 23 42 and the numbers that came up on the lottery that day were 4 8 15 25 47 42. So many people played them that they ended up paying out over $6 million in $150 winnings! It even made the news: https://www.huffpost.com/entry/hurle...016%2023%2042.

I remember that, Erin! It was pretty creepy at the time!

Quote Originally Posted by ErinKC View Post
    I won $150 in the lottery once. I'm a huge Lost fan and always play the lottery when the jackpot gets really big. However, I'd never played Hurley's numbers from Lost before until this one time. The Lost numbers are 4 8 15 16 23 42 and the numbers that came up on the lottery that day were 4 8 15 25 47 42. So many people played them that they ended up paying out over $6 million in $150 winnings! It even made the news: https://www.huffpost.com/entry/hurle...016%2023%2042.
    That’s so cool! I never heard of that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by AntsyVee View Post
    I remember that, Erin! It was pretty creepy at the time!
    It was totally creeping me out as I was reading the numbers! I feel like I never played them because I was secretly scared they'd jinx me. And then the one time I did they almost all came up. So weird. Especially because it was after the show had already ended.

I used to love Lost, but I sort of lost interest in the last season and didn’t see it through. So many of them don’t act anymore do they. I saw Hurley in a film the other day though.

Speaking of winning... ONE person in Arizona won the $410 MILLION dollar Mega Millions last night!

Positive and Lucky thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Scass View Post
    I used to love Lost, but I sort of lost interest in the last season and didn’t see it through. So many of them don’t act anymore do they. I saw Hurley in a film the other day though.

It's worth a rewatch! I know a lot of people struggled with the final season, but it works a lot better when binge watched with the rest, I think. No, many of them aren't in much anymore. Hurley does a few thing. Jin was in Hawaii Five-O. Sun is a big Korean actress and was also in one or two US sitcoms after I think. I think the biggest star was Kate who was in the Antman movies.

I'm a totally nutty Lost fan, haha. My husband and I went to Oahu for our honeymoon and visited SO many filming locations. I have a whole album of us recreating scenes. I think I've rewatched the whole series like 20 times. My picture on here is me pretending to be John Locke on the ranch where they filmed the island scenes. Nerd Alert.

Screen Shot 2020-06-10 at 10.12.12 AM.jpg

That's awesome, Erin!

Yes, I also was into Lost, but was disappointed by the last season. It's like once the writers figured out that the rest of us has figured it out, they didn't know what to do LOL

Oh my God, I love that you were such a superman! Great pic.

And wow that’s a huge lottery win FMP!

Quote Originally Posted by Lolalee1 View Post
    Hey N. I won 50 bucks on a scratchy todaydon’t need to buy them for the win as I come from old money I don’t watch Fox News tho
    Old money huh? That's ok by me. Old/new it doesn't matter to me. I could be a kept man...a boy toy. it wouldn't even cost you that much... 50 bucks a week probably.

Actually, I don't play the big jackpots. It would be too complicated. I can barely handle the money I make now! Don't get me wrong I wouldn't mind a two million-dollar annuity 20 year payout, maybe an extra fifty or sixty grand a year I could handle that no problem.

I ran into an old friend's mother about a year ago and I asked how's Dave doing? He had hit the lottery for a million and a half a number of years ago and I actually think he received his last payment already. It was paid out over 20 years. She said "I wish he never won that money." We were good friends when he hit and I remember celebrating big time. But he got all screwed up from drugs and booze.

So, like Alfred P. Doolittle, just give me my five pounds...but not ten because "it makes a man feel prudent like and then goodbye to happiness."

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information