Page 32 of 67 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Thread: Increase in anxiety/panic, when I try to relax!

Re: Increase in anxiety/panic, when I try to relax!

I don't know how to handle today?

I felt sick all morning, forced some food down me, and now I have felt cold, shivery, stomach ache, and am on the edge of a panic attack for the last 3 hours, although my heart rate is all calm and steady and I don't feel mentally too bad, as in nothing obvious is popping up, apart from my thinking feels foggy and 'full' almost. I think I might have a bug, but obviously can't just chill out give myself a break, so the symptoms from the illness are wrapped up in anxiety and I'm in a real mess.

It's really odd, and I'm in such a bad way it's untrue.

Handle it like any other sensation.

Keep hydrated and watch the snooker.

The 'illness' symptoms have passed, and my mind is back to relentlessly figuring itself out whilst I try not to get involved and keep distracted, but it's making me panic, so I guess it was just anxiety all along. It really didn't feel like it though.

Cheers anyway.

Anxiety symptoms change over time.

You might have needed a good fart. Digestion is always poor in times of high anxiety.

Haha! This is what I'm trying to tell myself (not the fart thing! Haha)
    I spoke to my mate on the phone earlier, and he was having a lie down because he had eaten too much, I am going to remind myself how normal it is next time I panic about feeling lethargic and tired after eating. Another normal sensation that I worry about.

I just need to get a handle on this wandering mind, pondering how I am and the nature of thought. Wipes me out for hours when it starts. I've just had it for 2 hours now, and just ignored it, and tried your telling it "shut up mate you're boring" technique, whilst I sat and ate a BBQ with 10 people and just tried to throw myself into the conversations and the food. Hasn't helped though. Shower and Xbox now before bed, it will stop at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by PHR View Post

and tried your telling it "shut up mate you're boring" technique, whilst I sat and ate a BBQ with 10 people and just tried to throw myself into the conversations and the food. Hasn't helped though.

Do it another 1000 times. It's not an on/off switch, it's a re-training technique.

And in terms of wandering mind, why are you trying to 'handle' it? That's what a mind does, you're just focusing on it and creating a problem out of it.

Mediation fixes that, given enough practice.... (months, 100s of times).

I know, it just feels like it's getting worse, and I can't even rationalise the worries, because they are nonsense about how I am, what's in my mind, the nature of thought, the concept of reality and everything. If you name it, I've worried about it, and the anxiety that comes with it is crazy. All my anxiety comes from these thoughts. None of them are actually to do with anything graspable. It's frustrating.

Now in. The Middle of the worst panic attack I've ever had on my own and terrified

It won't kill you, I promise. Feel free to drop me a message if you want to chat, though.

Thanks I know it will pass. I don't even know why Im panicking just blazed up from nowhere. This is worst part, not even knowing why it's happening. I have no idea why I have these and it's killing me.

Page 32 of 67 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Thread Information