Page 53 of 67 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast

Thread: Increase in anxiety/panic, when I try to relax!

Re: Increase in anxiety/panic, when I try to relax!

Yeah, I get what you mean and I know that I need to start pushing the boundaries a bit at a time.

I knew I wasn't going to be able to sleep tonight. My mind is swimming with all them new ideas. This obsessive mind of mine is so suggestible.

I'm not panicking, just derealised a bit and can't stop thinking.

Nearly time to place your bets though..Concentrate on that?

You can sit and worry about "solipsism" if you want because you're an easy target for stuff like this. Or you can ask someone to go out in the car with you and walk with you outside your "safety zone" for 5 mins this morning. Don't plan it just do it..Anticipatory anxiety will say "no" but just do it..

I've had about 3 hours sleep, and my mind is a foggy derealised mess.

I plan to get going out of my boundaries again, but I won't be today.

I get this, like a tired mind, especially after I have had a spell of thinking, my mind just becomes foggy. This is where I need to find ways to relax and switch off and wind down in an evening.

i didn't mean to be rude with the posts, but my mind is constantly searching for answers and seems to absorb and worry about everything, that's why I knew that wasn't a good idea for me last night. I can't just switch my focus and stop the ruminating at the minute.
    Last edited by LittleLionMan; 21-08-20 at 09:40.

This best describes how I feel, 24/7. Just mentally worn out, foggy thinking, detached, obsessed by everything unproductive, and trouble focussing on anything. I use this as a bit of reassurance that it's nothing sinister that its just a result of overthinking, and I'm not going mad.

https://anxietynomore.co.uk/anxiety-mental-exhaustion/

Quote Originally Posted by PHR View Post
    This best describes how I feel, 24/7. Just mentally worn out, foggy thinking, detached, obsessed by everything unproductive, and trouble focussing on anything. I use this as a bit of reassurance that it's nothing sinister that its just a result of overthinking, and I'm not going mad.

https://anxietynomore.co.uk/anxiety-mental-exhaustion/

We've all been there, done that.

You've read that article, now mentally let it go. In the same way you'd let the exposure/reaction dynamic of sitting in the sun and getting a tan go.

Your body has certain reactions to certain stimuli, and this is one of them.

It's not deep, it's not meaningful, it's just here. No need to focus on it and re-read it, or try and extrapolate any kind of philosophical meaning about it.

These articles exist to keep you engaged, not to solve a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by ankietyjoe View Post
    We've all been there, done that.

You've read that article, now mentally let it go. In the same way you'd let the exposure/reaction dynamic of sitting in the sun and getting a tan go.

Your body has certain reactions to certain stimuli, and this is one of them.

It's not deep, it's not meaningful, it's just here. No need to focus on it and re-read it, or try and extrapolate any kind of philosophical meaning about it.

These articles exist to keep you engaged, not to solve a problem.
    Yep, I'm just hoping to learn how to deal with this particular issue, then I will see some real progress. The answer seems to be stop trying to figure everything out, ignore it and get on with my day to be fair. Let it dissipate. Same as with everything. Sometimes less is more I suppose.

Its sad to see you in such a state :( There are 50+ pages of great advice and support but you're still suffering and not in the right state of mind to take it in and act on it. Perhaps a break from posting and the constant focus on your symptoms is in order? Perhaps focusing your efforts in real life would be more beneficial?

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I did actually try and limit all my online activity over the weekend.
    I agree that it's easy to take on too much. It keeps your focus on anxiety, and can confuse you. I tend to just feel like I need the reassurance at the minute, as no one around me understands at all to be fair (can't blame them, as neither do I with this cognitive stuff). I spend half the day reassuring myself (in my head) that I'm not going crazy to be honest.

Just reassure yourself once and carry on with your day. You are spending all your time ruminating about your anxiety. No wonder you are anxious. Anyone would be if they obsessed about it all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Just reassure yourself once and carry on with your day. You are spending all your time ruminating about your anxiety. No wonder you are anxious. Anyone would be if they obsessed about it all the time.
    I actually feel less anxious when I'm reading about it and talking about it, and then feel worse and more anxious when I don't let myself. Perhaps that's the obsession, I feel like I'm helping myself when I'm actually not.

Page 53 of 67 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast

Thread Information