Thread: Worried I have bladder or prostate cancer

Worried I have bladder or prostate cancer

Hello all,

For the last 2.5 weeks I have had some strange urinary symptoms. Sometimes feel like a pressure like I need to go even when I don't. Some days worse than others. I have had two urine tests done and both were normal. No blood, no infection. I asked my urologist about prostate cancer and he said that would be incredibly rare in someone my age (34). My PSA has gone up a little bit the past few 3 years because I'm on testosterone therapy for low testosterone. My latest PSA two weeks ago was 1.4... so still under the 2.5 threshold where they would normally pursue it.

He also gave me a prostate exam (yikes) and said everything felt normal.

I know prostate cancer in my age is super rare (so rare it's listed at 0.0% incidence rate on the SEERS website for 30-34 year olds, 0.4% of bladder cancers are in my age group). The UK cancer stats database also shows 0 / 100,000 people for prostate cancer in my age group and also 0 / 100,000 people for bladder cancer. So, I know I would be dealing with a situation generally with less than a 1 in 100,000 risk. But, still can't shake that something is wrong with me :/

Re: Worried I have bladder or prostate cancer

That'll be your anxiety disorder.

Don't let this run away with you as your fears have in the past.

You have been checked out and have been given the all clear.

Hang onto that.

Anxiety can affect bladder function in all sorts of ways.

I have been dealing with anxiety since around your age and prostate/bladder issues have popped up many times. Probably have had 20 visits to the urologist over the last 15 years. Same symptoms as you with added pain for good measure. Doc says it’s likely too much caffeine/alcohol/stress. This is a physical symptom of an anxious mind. Don’t fret about it. You did your due diligence.

Hi

I work in Uro-oncology at the local hospital, we specifically see prostate cancer patients and it's safe to say, you do not have prostate cancer. I have never seen anyone of your age with it or even near your age! Also the PSA test is very good at picking up problems, even general inflammation can cause it to rise, so the fact that yours is low should be the reassurance that you need. Also men with prostate cancer have deadful problems urinating, as in ive known some that literally need to wee constantly! and this feeling doesn't come and go, its there all the time as the prostate is enlarged and pushing on the bladder...
    Anyway hope I've helped reassure you a little.

ps: anxiety can really play havoc with your bladder and i speak from experience on that, i had it a few years ago. Once i stopped thinking about it, like with all these health anxiety things, it went away.
    K

Quote Originally Posted by darkside4k View Post
    still can't shake that something is wrong with me :/
    Yes something is wrong with you.....Health anxiety

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Hello, darkside4k! I think you are going too deep into it, and if you are still worried about cancer and other stuff, I suggest you take a full medicine test and confirm that you don't have any problems. I can tell you the truth, if you have strange urinary symptoms, it may happen because you don't have enough testosterone, so my advice is to go to the gym and start consuming steroids and testosterone. This method helped me a lot when I had a similar problem. Also, you can try to find a piece of helpful information on health care websites like Healthcanal. I hope you will get better shortly.
    Last edited by esmariakrider; 22-08-22 at 14:36.

Thread Information