I haven’t been on here in ages but I thought I’d update.
I’ve been on Ven for ages, over a year anyway. It’s dealt superbly with my anxiety without making me drowsy which is great. I’m just feeling fed up with the downsides again. My sleep is awful. When I go to bed my head is buzzing, I wake several times in the night and I wake early (sixish) so I rarely get more than 6 hours and build up a deficit which wipes me out. There’s so much I want to do in my new un-anxious world, but I’m too tired to do it!
I’m also fed up with chewing my cuticles and compulsively shredding the inside of my mouth. When I clean my teeth the blood flows. I also still get ear/sinus issues and often just feel generally unwell.
It seems to me that everyone reacts differently to these meds, so no one knows what advice to give. I want to lower my dose by a quarter (I’m on 75mg). I want the anti-anxiety effect but not all the rubbish that comes with it. I’m just terrified of rocking the boat and ending up making things worse. I basically lost 2018 trying to find a med that helped me. Oh, and I put back on the 2 stone I lost when I was between drugs. Happy days. Sorry to moan.