Thread: Random eye flashes

Random eye flashes

Anyone ever get eye flashes in a single eye? This has been happening for a couple months usually in the morning if I turn my head or bend over. I've got an optician calling but in the meantime wondering if anyone has had a similar experience?

Re: Random eye flashes

Yes I have but mine was in both eyes. I went to an emergency opticians appointment during the beginning of lockdown as it started happening a lot during the night time.

I had lots of examinations and it was fine. Apparently, it you bend or turn over it can cause eye flashes due to a natural pulling on the eye (he gave me more of an explanation but I can’t remember what it is).

Best getting it checked though but apparently even stress can cause it x

Thanks Penny. Stress has been OTT of late, I'm waiting on a call and assume he'll want to take a peek.

What did the opticians say?

To update. I didn't need to see him, he explained the sort of flashes I get sound like visual migraines. I forgot to mention they also come in dots as well as zigzags and lines but I guess it's all part of it.

I have terrible sleep posture and for 3 months since this has started I've gotten terrible stiff neck/ shoulder and upper back pain. My GP said it wouldn't be connected to the eye issue but I'm actually thinking that seeing as the flashes are mainly in the morning when my neck is hurting most I think maybe it's causing the migraines.

A lil late but I wanted to add this. I get these flashes all the time, very distressing at first but for me it seems very linked to my headaches and lack of sleep! Also being hypersensitive to everything doesn't help x

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk

Oh and I think stress plays a part. We've definitely felt that the last few months!

Thread Information