Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 LastLast

Thread: Outrage over historical films, TV shows, songs, etc.

Re: Outrage over historical films, TV shows, songs, etc.

This is an e-mail sent to Clarence Page of the Chicago Tribune after an article he published concerning a name change for the Washington Redskins

Dear Mr. Page: I agree with our Native American population. I am highly jilted by the racially charged name of the Washington Redskins. One might argue that to name a professional football team after Native Americans would exalt them as fine warriors, but nay, nay. We must be careful not to offend, and in the spirit of political correctness and courtesy, we must move forward.

Let's ditch the Kansas City Chiefs, the Atlanta Braves and the Cleveland Indians. If your shorts are in a wad because of the reference the name Redskins makes to skin color, then we need to get rid of the Cleveland Browns.

The Carolina Panthers obviously were named to keep the memory of militant Blacks from the 60's alive. Gone. It's offensive to us white folk.

The New York Yankees offend the Southern population. Do you see a team named for the Confederacy? No! There is no room for any reference to that tragic war that cost this country so many young men's lives. I am also offended by the blatant references to the Catholic religion among our sports team names. Totally inappropriate to have the New Orleans Saints, the Los Angeles Angels or the San Diego Padres.

Then there are the team names that glorify criminals who raped and pillaged. We are talking about the horrible Oakland Raiders, the Minnesota Vikings, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and the Pittsburgh Pirates!

Now, let us address those teams that clearly send the wrong message to our children. The San Diego Chargers promote irresponsible fighting or even spending habits. Wrong message to our children.

The New York Giants and the San Francisco Giants promote obesity, a growing childhood epidemic. Wrong message to our children. The Cincinnati Reds promote downers/barbiturates. Wrong message to our children.

The Milwaukee Brewers. Well that goes without saying. Wrong message to our children.

So, there you go. We need to support any legislation that comes out to rectify this travesty, because the government will likely become involved with this issue, as they should. Just the kind of thing the do-nothing Congress loves.

As a die-hard Oregon State fan, my wife and I, with all of this in mind, suggest it might also make some sense to change the name of the Oregon State women's athletic teams to something other than "the Beavers (especially when they play Southern California. Do we really want the Trojans sticking it to the Beavers???

I always love your articles and I generally agree with them. As for the Redskins name I would suggest they change the name to the "Foreskins" to better represent their community, paying tribute to the dick heads in Washington DC.

Tut tut, wouldn't foreskins get you in hot water religiously as they wouldn't be inclusive? Just imagine the commentary when 'a foreskin has been removed' All the men would be wincing for a start

Anyway I object to this world series title.

They could be the Washington Mohels... They're the ones that remove the foreskins.

Evidently the PM has stones:

Boris Johnson today made clear he would not ‘take the knee’ with Black Lives Matter protesters – insisting people should not be ‘bullied’ into making ‘gestures’.
    The PM said he was focused on the ‘substance’ of changing social attitudes and improving opportunities for ethnic minorities.
    The comments, in a phone-in on LBC radio, came after Dominic Raab said last month that he would not personally ‘take the knee’ – a demonstration of support that has swept the world since the death of George Floyd in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow View Post
    This has nothing to do with racial equality or justice of any kind. Blacks are being used as proxy warriors to spread anarchy so that order could be created out of chaos. Now, they're planning a Charlottesville type of false flag in Britain which will lead to racial violence and further tension. Both sides are being manipulated and controlled, BLM is funded by George Soros. This won't end well for black people, their culture has already been subverted through Gangsta rap which glorifies drugs, violence and crime. Rioting and destroying a few statues won't improve their socioeconomic situation in the long term.
    I've got to side with Hollow on this one. This is most definitely a likely cause. Soros is an evil, horrible, man. He also funded/funds Antifa which is the far left's version of the far right.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

Great points by all!

There's actually talk of a black national anthem now. Um...ok didn't folks fight for years to conquer segregation? Everything I see going on now is doing nothing but re-segregating.
    And you're right, there are evil forces behind this mayhem...definitely Soros for one.

A woman said to me the other day I never in my life looked at skin color but now that's all I see.

N.
    Last edited by Noivous; 05-07-20 at 13:24.

Quote Originally Posted by Noivous View Post
    Great points by all!

There's actually talk of a black national anthem now. Um...ok didn't folks fight for years to conquer segregation? Everything I see going on now is doing nothing but re-segregating.
    And you're right, there are evil forces behind this mayhem...definitely Soros for one.

A woman said to me the other day I never in my life looked at skin color but now that's all I see.

N.
    Precisely.
    It's getting ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by AntsyVee View Post
    They could be the Washington Mohels... They're the ones that remove the foreskins.
    Back in my childhood you could go in for your tonsils out and have a doctor recommending your child be 'cut'.

See, here in the US and Canada, it’s pretty normal. Most Christian men here get it done just like Jews and Muslims. How come it’s not done in the Anglican Church?

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Back in my childhood you could go in for your tonsils out and have a doctor recommending your child be 'cut'.
    Oh how times have changed!!

When I had my adenoids removed at the age of 4 back in the autumn of 1981 (IIRC), I was in hospital for about a week, which in all but the most serious of cases would be pretty much unthinkable nowadays, not only due to the usual financial pressures facing the NHS, but also due to greater advances in modern medical techniques.

The doctors recommending children being 'cut' back in the day would probably be considered a totally unnecessary operation today (and taking right liberties) and for non-existent ailments in particular, I most certainly wouldn't want to go through all the rigmarole of kipping in a hospital ward full of strangers (and at the mercy of irate staff members), having a general anaesthetic, having the surgery, vomiting when I come round, which happened to me back in 1981, but might not happen as much nowadays, due to likely improvements in the anaesthetic agents in use today, that probably have less undesirable side effects.

Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 LastLast

Thread Information