I was reading earlier today about the 1939 film 'Gone With The Wind' being deleted (from Netflix I think?) due to its racially sensitive content, especially during the current climate.

I am kind of on the fence over this, as one half of me agrees with its deletion, but the other half of me wonders as to whether it may be a slight over-reaction, given it's a 'product of it's time' and should be viewed and interpreted within the context of it's era.

I also get a bit miffed when people get indignant over, say, the 1987 festive hit 'Fairytale Of New York' almost every Christmas because it contains a 'slur' that is also the name of a well-known and much-loved English meat dish from Mr. Brains, which ironically continues to be sold in supermarkets all over the country on a daily basis seemingly without anyone even giving it a second thought, yet most people don't even seem to bat an eyelid over a lot of stuff in the charts and on post-watershed TV over the past 20 years or so that is constantly littered with F and C-bombs and, depicting/referencing violence and aggression (e.g, Eminem, and a lot of the more recent drill-rap stuff), and seemingly no calls to ban them.

Yet people still get their knickers in a twist over the content of a lot of material produced before the 90s, most of which IMO, is pretty tame compared to a lot of stuff that has come since then. I really don't get it.