Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Outrage over historical films, TV shows, songs, etc.

Re: Outrage over historical films, TV shows, songs, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    I'm not necessarily fearing change per se, I'm just peeved that all of a sudden certain things that most people previously didn't give a second thought to are now cursed, particularly a breakfast cereal that kids have enjoyed for donkeys years suddenly being disdained.

How about going the whole hog and banning Mr. Brain's Faggots to appease the homosexuals of this world who so far (AFAIK) haven't even appeared to bat an eyelid over said dish that's also been around for donkeys years.

BTW, I'm not acting as an apologist for gay-bashers as I deplore homophobia just the same as racism.
    I wonder if anyone has asked the LGBT+ community? It doesn't seem a burning agenda for them.

If everything connected to racism in the UK needs to be erased it would make more sense to start with a blank canvas since so much of our current society was involved at some point.

Can't the same be said for the US and every Western country? Scrap that, every country.

All this will create is more angry people. Pick the targets, don't go after everything because it will only create a division because people willing to support the movement will see it going too far.

A day of mental gymnastics required by The Guardian, the very paper that prides itself on wokeness.
    Last edited by MyNameIsTerry; 17-06-20 at 22:43. Reason: Typo

Just read today that Quaker Oats is doing away with Aunt Jemima branding and Uncle Ben's is changing the logo as well.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Since I don't understand what those pork things are in the first place, can you tell me how it's a valid word for that product?

I don't think we need to start with a blank canvas, and I don't think that's really feasible in the first place. It's just that somethings that have been kept "because of tradition" need to be updated for a more conscious society.

I'm so glad that Aunt Jemima is being removed as a brand of syrup here. That one was around for way too long. I've been wanting to get rid of that ever since I was a kid and my parent explained what that really meant.

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Quote Originally Posted by AntsyVee View Post
    What exactly are they? I know they're pork, so I've never eaten one, but are they like Spam?
    Bits of pig offal I think

The point is that the word for this dish has existed for a long time, and was stolen, only to be used in a derogatory and highly offensive way. It's not a brand name that can simply be renamed (although "Mr Brains" doesn't help much either IMO). It would be like banning/changing the name "Sissy" because of its pejorative use, although I know it's not common now for obvious reasons.

Each to their own of course...

Never Surrender, Comrade

I don't know about movies but Aunt Jemima Maple Syrup is toast!

Actually I should have said French toast... unless that's derogatory too...to toast! I can't keep up anymore!

Hot dogs
    Armor Hot dogs
    What kind of kids eat Armor Hot Dogs?
    Fat kids skinny kids
    Kids that climb on rocks
    Tough kids sissy kids
    Even kids with chicken pox
    Love Hot Dogs
    Armor Hot Dogs
    The dogs kids love to bite!

oh I wish I were an Oscar Meyer Weiner that is what I'd truly love to be-e-e
    cuz if I were an Oscar Meyer Weiner. Everyone would be in love with me!

Looks like N finally went off the deep end...too much Fox News’ll do that to a person

Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread Information