Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Outrage over historical films, TV shows, songs, etc.

Re: Outrage over historical films, TV shows, songs, etc.

Thanks. Believe me, the last thing I'm looking for is a ruck right now; I don't believe in dishing out what I can't take.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary A View Post
    Why don’t black lives matter ever seem to engage in protest when scores of young black men and women are murdered every day?

In late May, around about the time these protests started, Chicago in the US had the most violent day in 60 years, with dozens of black men and women murdered.

If black lives matter, that’s fine. For me, that should always be the case, not only when it happens to be a white guy who brings it to an end.
    Its about racism though specifically.
    If a black person murders someone else that is black they didnt do it because they were black.
    Although it is wrong to murder someone else AGAIN like novious you are deflecting from the issue at hand here
    The issue being certain murders are racially motivated does that mean we should just ignore that?
    Why are people supposed to brush off overt and covert racism all the time so that they dont come across as victims or liberal lefties.
    Its a big issue for all black and african diaspora people that live in america and europe and they will face discrimination and that is just facts.

Please can we be respectful to each other and cease all heated debates about BLM/racism and politics in general as there is another thread for the former.

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah001 View Post
    Its about racism though specifically.
    If a black person murders someone else that is black they didnt do it because they were black.
    Although it is wrong to murder someone else AGAIN like novious you are deflecting from the issue at hand here
    The issue being certain murders are racially motivated does that mean we should just ignore that?
    Why are people supposed to brush off overt and covert racism all the time so that they dont come across as victims or liberal lefties.
    Its a big issue for all black and african diaspora people that live in america and europe and they will face discrimination and that is just facts.
    I’m not deflecting anything, I just don’t understand why isolated incidences of racially motivated murder gets more attention attention than the constant murder of black people.

You’re saying we shouldn’t just ignore racially motivated murder, which I do agree with, but in the same way we shouldn’t ignore scores of incidences of murder within black communities either, should we?

As I said, black lives should always matter, not just when it’s a person with a different skin colour who happens to be the offender.

There is enough horrible shit in the world at the moment without members falling out remember what the thread is about, agree to disagree guys and move on

best wishes

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    Please can we be respectful to each other and cease all heated debates about BLM/racism and politics in general as there is another thread for the former.

Thank you.
    I'm not trying to be rude here, Lencoboy, but this thread is about the outrage over historical forms of media. Isn't most of the outrage over this media due to it's outdated depictions of race? How does BLM/racism not tie into that?

Quote Originally Posted by Gary A View Post
    I’m not deflecting anything, I just don’t understand why isolated incidences of racially motivated murder gets more attention attention than the constant murder of black people.

You’re saying we shouldn’t just ignore racially motivated murder, which I do agree with, but in the same way we shouldn’t ignore scores of incidences of murder within black communities either, should we?

As I said, black lives should always matter, not just when it’s a person with a different skin colour who happens to be the offender.
    Your logic doesnt make any sense.
    Are we going to talk about EVERY single black person that dies? No because that would be impossible.
    Yes, justice should be served for all deaths of course and there are still people talking about non racially motivated murders that happen to people both black and white
    Its just that people can ALSO talk about murders that are racially motivated and think about this for a second- think of all the murders and missing persons regarding black people that have been swept under the rug by systems supposed to protect them.

If we live in a world where humans are placed on a food chain with those of color lower at the bottom pretty much being symbols of opression then trust me when i tell you even the police dont care about justice for them.

Just face it.
    So many people oppose black lives matter because its a bold statement against all forms of racism in the world.
    People feel uncomfortable about this have been conditioned by the ways of opressors.
    If racism is a disease there will be symptoms.

Another thing you've got to remember Gary, especially when talking about what's happening in Chicago, is that the black on black murders happening there are results of the same issues that BLM is addressing--poverty and inequality of the black community.

Quote Originally Posted by AntsyVee View Post
    Another thing you've got to remember Gary, especially when talking about what's happening in Chicago, is that the black on black murders happening there are results of the same issues that BLM is addressing--poverty and inequality of the black community.
    I agree 100% antsy

Its interesting... I've been escaping from the world and watching old Johnny Carson clips on Youtube of Don Rickles, Robin Williams, Eddie Murphy, Richard Pryor and many other great comedians from that era. Many of them were close friends and watching them bust on each other was not only funny but were a left handed slap upside the head to modern day supporters of a certain someone.....

Sadly, not much has changed

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread Information