Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Outrage over historical films, TV shows, songs, etc.

Re: Outrage over historical films, TV shows, songs, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolalee1 View Post
    Yep Dolly Dolly Partonwhat a great bust or statue that would be.
    The country band I toured with in the 80's played at Dollywood several times. She always came by the band stand and said hello. She's a very sweet woman

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

FMP, that's lovely to know! I always got that impression and it's great to hear it's an accurate one.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    The country band I toured with in the 80's played at Dollywood several times. She always came by the band stand and said hello. She's a very sweet woman

Positive thoughts
    I went to her Concert in The Hunter Valley and had a meet and greet what a lovely kind woman,even bought 2 t-shirts with It Costs a Lot Of Money To Look This Cheap

Quote Originally Posted by Panicattacka View Post
    To a large extent the current mess the US finds itself in was baked in the cake from the get-go. When you have a "proposition" nation explicitly founded on enlightenment values of mass-equality and individual rights and, more recently, mass consumerism and the agglomeration of massive personal wealth as the defining factors of a good life, then any citizen who does not feel they have access to the same opportunities and outcomes is going to feel aggrieved and majorly pissed off. There aren't many other examples of such proposition nations; most countries evolved organically over time and went through many stages of political systems. The only similar nation in terms of size and importance is France, after their explicitly "proposition" revolution, and they also have big problems today.

So either America (and to a lesser extent France) finds a way of ensuring everyone at least feels like he/she is at the feast, or this current disorder gets worse and the result is likely to be some kind of break up like the collapse of the USSR.
    Hey that's pretty good Panicattacka. Going to give it a little thought. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lolalee1 View Post
    I went to her Concert in The Hunter Valley and had a meet and greet what a lovely kind woman,even bought 2 t-shirts with It Costs a Lot Of Money To Look This Cheap
    Well you understand she needs two tee shirts right?

Here's another great quote from her:

"I was the first woman to burn my bra — it took the fire department four days to put it out.”

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    "Alternate facts"? Sadly, I've realized a long time ago, you can't argue with a Trump supporter (notice I didn't say republican). Its like playing chess with a monkey. They jump on the board, knock over all the pieces, throw poo at you and strut around like they won.

On an interesting note: A statue of former KKK leader and Confederate soldier Nathan Bedford Forrest that has been in the Tennessee capitol for over 40 years could be replaced by another famous Tennessean. Local lawmakers are considering options to replace Forrest and according to reports, Dolly Parton is one candidate

Positive thoughts
    Yes FMP I remember when you called me a shit flinging monkey. It was a pretty funny line actually. But like most lefties, to steal a line from Tom Cruise, you can't handle the truth. And your defense is to either run away or shut the conversation down. But I keep fighting. And I don't support Trump for love of Trump I support Trump for love of country. What you and your ilk don't realize is that the American working class of this country (of all colors BTW) finally got someone who will stand up and fight for them. And if you lefties want to get down in the mud with Trump you have to realize that he is the greatest mud wrestler of all time. And I believe he's going to win...again.
    Last edited by Noivous; 15-06-20 at 17:23.

Wow, N. Those are some mental images I could've lived without...Tom Cruise and Trump mud wrestling.

But it's okay, buddy. When I take over, to quote a line from the Simpsons, you'll be the first signed up for my "re-Ned-ucation Center"

LOL! so you do drink on your vacation! I don't blame you you work hard throughout the year but it is a little early in the day especially where you are. But I would never accuse you of trying to shut down the conversation that's one thing I like about you. You can bring it!

It's always five o'clock somewhere. And it's not shutting down the conversation...it's bringing the more pertinent issues to light!

Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread Information