Thread: TTP Pupura anaemia - help!

TTP Pupura anaemia - help!

Apologies in advance for the long post!

I have been blessed with heavy periods since the very first day that they began.

As a result, I have anaemia.

This has been poorly managed by both myself and various doctors where I have not wanted to take risks having certain procedures or medications that carry high risk or are not realistic/appropriate.

According to them, my anaemia is the root cause of any and all my symptoms over the years in general.

Dizzy? That’s the anaemia. (Fair enough) Heart pain? Skipped beats? Irregular rhythm? That’ll be the anaemia (They say this with confidence without backing it up with tests..)

Anyway, what brings me here today is that, despite my iron level being a *little* low and my iron stores being REALLY low, I am worried I may have TTP. More on how I arrived at this dramatic assumption in a mo.

Little more background: I have been upping my iron intake in the hopes that I will not lose everything I have built up through the month when it comes to menstruating.

Right now, I have had two solid days of heavy blood loss and currently, I am on my second day of virtually no blood loss (probably because I have none left to lose!!) Usually I bleed heavily for up to 5 days and the whole period lasts 7-8 days.

Point being, I noticed pupura on my underarm yesterday which is strange as that only usually happens when taking my blood pressure (the tightness of the cuff never fails to leave these kind of marks under the skin where it clearly causes me to bleed)

However, I have not used the bp machine? More worryingly, they are on my breasts (where I have been scratching so that perhaps explains that) and also present on my left thigh.

Here’s the thing, I have not scratched or accidentally hit my thigh or arm, therefore I am worried this means I have TTP and that it has spread down my left side.

I’m trying to tell myself that it has just appeared for no reason, is benign and will go away.. However it does not help that for the past couple of days I have had lots of pains in my legs and bottom.

Again, most likely period related.. I know. But I can’t help but worry when for the past few day, it feels like lots of veins are hurting to the point where they feel achey and blocked. I know that I must be high risk for clots as my thighs have big thick dark veins popping up and spreading down my leg.

It doesn’t help that where I have lost so much blood I have been pretty sedentary the last few days, therefore increasing my risk of blood clots.

Believe me, I’ve felt very uneasy about sitting around but when you are that tired, dizzy and losing so much blood it’s not possible to be on the move all the time, and I just have to accept that until I am able to be up and about again, once this period is over.

To save you googling, TTP is a type of condition, two different forms, one acquired the other inherited, one serious, one not.

I of course am worried I have the serious acquired form, where there is a lack of blood and/or lots of little blood clots beginning to form.

So when ever I look at these little pin pricks I think to myself, are these not lots of little clots? If it were just in one place I don’t think I would worry so much.. But as I said, it’s on my left arm, left breast and left thigh, ergo it’s spreading :(

Has anyone else had a similar experience with a positive ending?

Trying to ignore the part in the articles about TTP where it says, if you have an unexplained pin prick rash, you should basically lose your head and rush to the emergency room.

It goes without saying that, unless absolutely necessary, that is not an option!

If you made it to the end of this post then wow; Well done! And Thankyou <3
    Last edited by SkyBlue9092; 11-06-20 at 07:42.

Thread Information