Sigh. It’s happening again.😞
So. I’ve had a firm stomach for a few years now. Not so much towards my lower half, but the top half of my abdomen feels pretty hard when you press on it. Never thought much of it, I gained a lot of weight due to my birth control/depression, so I pushed it off as that. I’m 23 and I think I first noticed it around 19-20, when the weight gain really started. I’ve had bloodwork done, everything looked fine. The doctor’s pushed into my stomach before to feel around, didn’t mention anything. But now, all of a sudden, I’m fixating on what it could mean/what could be causing it. I did the worst thing looking up how to lose it & found an article (sponsored — of course they would) linking a hard belly to HIV. Which is, unfortunately, one of my biggest triggers.

I’m starting therapy soon, and planning to work out more/eat better on top of it. But I guess I just needed to vent.... and get reassurance? I know there’s a ton that could be causing the feeling: hormones (which I’ve had problems with for years,) IBS, food allergies, etc, but that health anxiety side of me is digging for something else. Help please! 😞