Thread: Throat issues. Nasal drip?

Throat issues. Nasal drip?

I am at my wits end. I'm away from home and the local GP didn't want to see me and told me to go to the walk-in centre and then the walk-in centre said they didn't want to see me either so I don't know what to do.

For the last couple of weeks, my throat has just felt wrong. It felt like the left tonsil was swollen or something, as if there was something stuck in it and I kept running the back of my tongue against it as if to dislodge something. I can't see anything there and it hasn't gotten worse as I feel it would if there WAS something stuck in it. I haven't had any problems eating or swallowing although when I overthink it, swallowing does get a bit more labored and I feel like something is blocking it.

I suffer with sinusitis but right now, I don't feel congested or sore but am wondering if this is residual from an earlier infection. I have a gross taste in my mouth and I feel like something is dripping down the very back of my throat but when I've had post nasal drip before, it's left me with a sore throat rather than this weird dryness that I have right now.

Should I call the GP again? Is there something I can try taking over the counter in the meantime? I'm trying to hydrate more as I am really bad for that and the walk-in suggested I try a numbing spray for my throat but since it's not actually a sore throat, that's not doing much of anything.

I'm just very much stressing about the fact that I might be ignoring something significant by being pushed pillar to post. I know that since I don't have any issues with swallowing, they're not concerned but I can't help but be.

Re: Throat issues. Nasal drip?

I'm having similar symptoms, feels like something is constantly in the back of my throat or dripping down my nose. I had it for the first time a month or two ago, it disappeared after a week, and now it's back again. No amount of coughing/fluid is helping

Re: Throat issues. Nasal drip?

I’m also having the same issue and feel like glands or throat are swollen have a lump in it. I’ve also tasted and spat out blood in the mornings. My mouth gets dry too. I demanded to see GP yesterday. She felt my neck and said everything was normal - but my glands feel up.

Thread Information