Thread: Can’t stop crying

Can’t stop crying

Please can someone offer me some reassurance, a friendly word or a *shake*!

I am going down that dark hole of anxiety fast 😥

Last weekend i noticed a swelling\ lump on the top of just one tonsil. I thought back and the weekend before I had had some discomfort in that area for like a day. I took a photo and emailed the dr who agrees that there was asymmetrical appearance but thought it was swelling from the previous weekend and to leave it alone for two weeks.

Well as this past week as gone on I have been in hell with my anxiety and have become obsessed with it! Always looking at it with my phone torch to see if it has shrunk or grown.

In the end my dentist agreed to have a look at it today (who does not know my history of HA) well I was expecting her to be like it’s fine but instead she started talking to her assistant about cancer of the tonsil etc. I was horrified to say the least especially as I have smoked for 15 years in the past. She then said it looked like normal tonsil tissue but didn’t know why it was different as it didn’t look inflamed (as my dr thought from the photo)...she said if I come back in 2 weeks she can refer me to an oral surgeon.

Well now i am freaking out as I wasn’t expecting all this and can’t rationalise my thoughts 😢💔

Re: Can’t stop crying

I have been crying for a few days it used to help but now it's just is normal crying no longer makes things better.

It is common for people who have an issue to keep looking at it, it's just part of the anxiety disorder to keep checking.

There is no comfort words when you have a problem no matter what anyone says Anxiety will makes us think of the worst.

I hope you can keep your anxiety under control.

Re: Can’t stop crying

Hi Penny

I'm so sorry to hear how distressed you are.

My partner is a dentist, and I can tell you that he always referred people, even if he seriously doubted there was anything to worry about. the reason for this is that Dentists are vulnerable to being sued, much more than doctors, so they refer, and most things come back as nothing sinister.

I know this is a worrying time for you (God knows my HA is relentless), but I hope this has given you a tiny bit of comfort.

Inanna xx

Thread Information