Thread: covid panic

covid panic

I was minding my business on Facebook and I saw an article about covid risk factors. One was high body temperature. My son and I both are usually warm. My temp is always 98-99. Son is the same. Then another one is heart issues. I get palps that get crazy sometimes. This also has me panicking. I'm very stressed about the whole thing
    I feel like I'm high risk to die or end up in the hospital from it. I'm 33 and generally pretty healthy.
    Nobody Im around takes it seriously anymore and hang out without masks and i avoid people and my parents give me crap about it. They say things like you have to go on with your life you can't hide away forever. My husband has people over and hangs with them outside without masks but close together. Like I feel like everyone just said screw it the virus disappeared. I haven't been to a store in months. Only place I do go is to my moms maybr once every 2 weeks. When we need something I either order it to the house or my hubs grabs it. People make me think I'm over reacting but I feel like they are under reacting.

Also has anyone else had issues posting? Sometimes the place to type doesn't show up. And I have to keep restarting the page

Re: covid panic

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your problem.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Emmz

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Re: covid panic

I am really frustrated with the complacency, too. Most people I know are out and about now. I haven't been inside a building other than my house in 99 days. I am having major surgery in 3 weeks so I cannot be careless now or for the rest of the summer as I recover. Cases are sharply rising in so many states and everyone is just tired of staying home. I support the cause behind the protests, but it's unbelievable how the government and the press has downplayed the risk. My friend's coworker just died from Covid after going to the first week of protests without a mask. It upsets me because we've all sacrificed so much and I feel like we're squandering that by not seeing this through. It also makes me enraged that even medical professionals have come out to say it's ok for people to go to protests with 10s of 1000s of people if they wear a mask, yet I have to go for surgery alone because it's apparently too risky to allow me to have ONE visitor even if they wear a mask. I mean, people have been dying alone in hospitals because of Covid restrictions, yet it's A-OK for 20,000 people to squeeze together in the streets.

I don't think you're overreacting when it comes to precautions. But, I do think you're probably overreaction about your risk. The biggest risk factors for death are being over 70 years old and having high blood pressure or diabetes.

Thread Information