Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Breaking the Google addiction

Re: Breaking the Google addiction

Thanks lovely. We're all in this together x

Also I moved my mammogram/ultrasound to next week because I have the GP on Thursday morning for MRI results and then the skin doc afterwards about a suspect spot on my palm. That's enough for this week.

Before Google I owned a medical dictionary and I used it so much during anxiety the cover fell apart, unfortunately with Google it cannot fall apart and make you realise how much you are using it.

You sound incredibly determined to get some control back in your life, Carrie and good for you for postponing the mammogram too..You've got a test overload to deal with which would be too much for anyone with or without HA. One test/procedure at a time..Well done also on having the resolve to wait until Thursday for the results-I wouldn't want to read any results before my doctor because I don't have the knowledge to interpret the results correctly and Dr Google is not dealing with my case.

At the end of all this and if you get a resounding all clear from all tests...will you be satisfied?

Quote Originally Posted by jojo2316 View Post
    Ps apologies to you Pulisa for my use of the phrase “magic wand”. Ooooooops
    Feel free to use the "magic wand" expression, Jojo! It's just that I've heard it used a zillion times by psychs over the decades and wouldn't it be good to have a magic wand..or a crystal ball for that matter!! Maybe not a crystal ball..Not sure I would want to know about the bad bits!

I think I would probably feel very comforted by the lack of contrast used. You’ll get through this. You ARE getting through this.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    You sound incredibly determined to get some control back in your life, Carrie and good for you for postponing the mammogram too..You've got a test overload to deal with which would be too much for anyone with or without HA. One test/procedure at a time..Well done also on having the resolve to wait until Thursday for the results-I wouldn't want to read any results before my doctor because I don't have the knowledge to interpret the results correctly and Dr Google is not dealing with my case.

At the end of all this and if you get a resounding all clear from all tests...will you be satisfied?
    TOTALLY agree about the crystal ball. The idea fills me with horror!

Quote Originally Posted by steveh31 View Post
    Before Google I owned a medical dictionary and I used it so much during anxiety the cover fell apart, unfortunately with Google it cannot fall apart and make you realise how much you are using it.
    I love this! So very true.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post

I've seen posts where people have shared their brain MRI reports and the language is super complicated. I know it's better for me wait so I'm glad I said no to the report.

I'm doing a lot better with my new "what will be, will be and I'll cope with it when it does" mantra. I still 100% believe something terrible is going to come from one or more of the tests, but one health anxiety recovery step at a time I guess.

Absolutely..and don't put your trust in a soulless search engine!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information