Thread: Thickening/hardening of breast tissue

Thickening/hardening of breast tissue

Hello all, giving birth, having a newborn (10 weeks) and sleep deprivation is not a good combo for health anxiety i have learned lol..

After giving birth my midwife noticed a harder area of breast tissue in my right breast (upper outer quadrant). It feels like a firm ridge which is irregular (like a ridge with nodules on it) and it goes all the way through have my breast on the outer edge. There seems so be another smaller ridge a little below that.. is this normal breast tissue? I am worried because i do not feel the same on the left side.. well maybe there is something similar but much deeper/softer do it seems.. i saw a breast consultant and had an ultrasound and they said normal tissue, but couldnt explain why the left side is so soft in comparison..

If anyone recognized this, PLEASE let me know. I am sick with anxiety and worry over not seeing my little babyboy grow up if its BC 😭.. (bec it is so large that if it is BC it must be advanced)

I need your input ladies!!

Re: Thickening/hardening of breast tissue

If the consultant says you're okay, you're okay. Bodies are just weird sometimes.

Thank you for your reply! I know this is a good sign, but it would still help me tremendously if others had the same feeling in one of their breast. After a bunch of misdiagnoses i have a hard time trusting doc’s.

All I can tell you is that my left breast feels completely different to my right. One is has tons of lumps and bumps and the other doesn't.

Could it be mastitis?

My left one has a ridge of thickened tissue along the outer side, whereas my right doesn't. It's been there for 20+ years and nothing showed up in an ultrasound, which confirmed it was just fibrous tissue. I've had many mammograms since then, even the new 3D ones (tomosynthesis) and all is clear. Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by WiseMonkey View Post
    Could it be mastitis?

My left one has a ridge of thickened tissue along the outer side, whereas my right doesn't. It's been there for 20+ years and nothing showed up in an ultrasound, which confirmed it was just fibrous tissue. I've had many mammograms since then, even the new 3D ones (tomosynthesis) and all is clear. Hope this helps.
    Thanks it does help! So does mine!! Is the thickened ridge also firm?

Thanks Carrie!
    Last edited by Anxietyel; 17-06-20 at 19:52. Reason: Didnt show to whom directed

Thread Information