Thread: Large gatherings during pandemic

Large gatherings during pandemic

my sister had a wedding planned for this summer since last summer. They plan on inviting 70 people. Maybe more or less. I've told them I don't wanna do it. I'm thr maid of honor and I think its selfish of them to try to get so many people together. Esp people from other states. My mom is pushing me to do a bridal shower and I dont want to. I have 2 kids and I'm trying my best to make calculated risks and do my best to avoid people and such. Like I get it I can't sit inside and avoid life. But I can avoid parties and weddings. I don't know what to do. My mom is in denial over the whole thing. She says things like " it will probably be gone by then" and " its just a cold" and "you can't hide from it". I tried to tell them if the virus is around im not going and that makes my mom mad. They are already saying its nowhere near over and its only the first wave. If it were anyone else's wedding I wouldn't care and just not go. But its my little sister and I'm madr of honor and my kids are thr ring bearer and flower girl. She won't wait until next year. Like with my anxiety itd be hard enough but now with the virus I just want nothing to do with it. I have no idea what to do

Re: Large gatherings during pandemic

My daughter faced the same situation. Her wedding was planned for the Memorial Day weekend but COVID put that out of the picture. Then, they were going to do it September but based on reports, they decided to put it off again and do an elopement deal. But even that fell through due to the virus. So..... They will be getting married June 26th at my ex's home with just the parents invited. All told, there will be around 10 people or less. We'll wear masks and social distance. Then, next year, hopefully, they'll have the whole enchilada on the same date. That was the prudent and sensible thing to do in light of the current situation.

That's a tough situation and I understand the dilemma but it sounds like its going to happen regardless of what you decide. I hope it works out for all involved.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Thread Information