Thread: Moved to city apartment and feel super alone and freaked out.

Moved to city apartment and feel super alone and freaked out.

I just moved to a city apartment for personal reasons to be with my boyfriend. I知 really homesick and he is gone a lot so I知 just lonely all day. I just obsess over possibly being sick and I have anxiety spirals about everything while I知 home alone all day. How can I deal with spiraling and homesickness? I was living with my parents before

Re: Moved to city apartment and feel super alone and freaked out.

Quote Originally Posted by scaredpt View Post
    I just moved to a city apartment for personal reasons to be with my boyfriend. I知 really homesick and he is gone a lot so I知 just lonely all day. I just obsess over possibly being sick and I have anxiety spirals about everything while I知 home alone all day. How can I deal with spiraling and homesickness? I was living with my parents before
    I'm going to paste some advice I gave you in 2017. I know you sought real life professional help then and my advice still stands.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    The truth is, we could give you pages of advice and suggestions but in the end it comes down to you acting on it.

My advice would be to seek professional real life help. My daughter is your age and suffers from anxiety and depression. She came to me and told me what was going on. I, along with her mother, made sure she got the real life professional help she needed. Between therapy and meds and a lot of hard work, she's gotten her anxiety and depression under control. She just graduated college and got her first job in her field of study (education). She has her moments but she's learned techniques to deal with them.

There's a certain amount of comfort here knowing you're not alone in your struggles and it can be cathartic to write them out but it's not a replacement for real life help. And, having real life help makes you more accountable to helping yourself.
    Since that time my daughter, aside from a few blips now and again, is doing well and getting married in a couple of weeks. Its a testament to therapy, meds and a lot of hard work.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Thread Information