Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: A second lockdown is on it's way

A second lockdown is on it's way

The UK has been criticized for it's lack or response to the COVID crisis in the early days. And rightly so. They're about to get s**t on their faces again because mark my words we will be back in lockdown very soon.

During the lockdown the only people I knew that had a confirmed COVID test was my sister in law. It spread around their household and they all had it. But, they got through it. Now they have it again. My brother has been told to self isolate along with his family. He has a positive COVID test and constant coughing fits. That means he's had it twice.

Now I don't give two hoots what the mainstream media is pushing out. I am going from what I am seeing. They said you can't catch it twice ... clearly they were wrong.

Beijing is now back in lockdown. The UK needs to take notice of the fact a second wave is a real possibility. From my point of view the lockdown easing was required to inject some cash back into the economy and get the country moving again. With the virus still about of course it's going to spread! It's common-bloody-sense.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

Re: A second lockdown is on it's way

Because it's such a new virus, the jury's still out on whether immunity happens or not. There are a lot of variables.

I've read that CV can hang on for a long time, people can be coughing for months apparently. Even Prince Charles hasn't got his sense of smell and taste back yet and he had the virus over 2 months ago.

A school pupil was a probable case (she tested negative) but then tested positive 3 months later as a precautionary test before she went back to school. It was classified as a weak positive which indicated residual, dead material. She had been in isolation during the lockdown so had not caught another infection.

It will be interesting to see if all the other members of your brothers family test positive again. Getting sick twice is just terrible.

If people can catch CV twice then Sweden better change it's herd immunity stance!

Any links or is this just random musing?
    Last edited by Lencoboy; 17-06-20 at 13:40.

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    Any links or is this just random musing?
    Just looked at the BBC website and so far today there has been no talk of any second lockdown here in the UK.

I don't know about having it again versus still having the virus in the system. I also know people who have had it and knew they had it, and two months later are still testing positive with it. One of them is a teenager who has some inflammation two months on in his arm. To me, it is astounding how differently this virus impacts individuals. Some don't even know they have it, some have symptoms for two weeks or less and then nothing more, some have horrific symptoms for a month, some have bad symptoms and then a month or two later are still struggling with side effects; it is so variable. Two people at my husband's work tested positive and one just felt off and never developed real symptoms while the other had no symptoms at all (and was tested due to tracing done with the first). I also had someone at my work test positive and this was back in April....he is still coughing.

I haven't heard anything about a second lockdown.
    Ebony (1st January 2014 - 2nd March 2018)
    Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
    Willow (3rd November 2018 - current)

Quote Originally Posted by whispershadow View Post
    I haven't heard anything about a second lockdown.
    I think it's more the views of the OP as like I have already mentioned upthread there are no mentions on the BBC about any second lockdown about to happen ATM.

Only time will tell, of course, but we need to at least give this latest easement a chance, coupled with the discovery yesterday that an existing steroid can reduce the likelihood of CV deaths by a third.

The coronaviruses we know about, most of which cause common colds every year, are known to give immunity for at least 6 months to two years. There’s no reason to think this particular coronavirus is any different.

As far as I’m aware, nobody has ever said that having it once means you can’t have it again. In fact, a few recent studies have shown that around 8% of those infected don’t produce antibodies.

It’s also impossible to know that your brother or anyone else was infected previously unless it was proven via testing. Having symptoms suggestive of Covid-19 is far from confirmation that you indeed have it. Just look at the sheer volume of negative tests in the UK alone. The vast majority of these have been carried out on people displaying symptoms.

A second wave is controllable but it depends on a lot of things being done correctly. The aim seems to be better and faster identification of cases and infection control measures being put in place to nullify the threat. Only time will tell if there’s more to come from this virus.

I'm sorry, but what a load of crap you're talking, these are your views only. What proof do you have one of your family members caught covid twice within such a short amount of time? Like someone else stated, you can't be sure without a test, covid can hang around in your body for a while. Maybe you should join the media, I hear they like to install fear into people.

I believe it, because we messed up so badly that of course a second peak can be expected.

Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information