Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 LastLast

Thread: A second lockdown is on it's way

Re: A second lockdown is on it's way

Quote Originally Posted by AntsyVee View Post
    Is anyone of us actually sure what Hollow believes? I've never seen a post from him where he says, "I think..." or "I believe..." Somehow I get the feeling that he's just being a devil's advocate here. He's going to post controversial stuff not because he believes it per se, but because he wants to encourage us to question convention.
    Sorry, but I’ve dealt with people like him before and they are NEVER posting with the intent of informing or getting to the actual answer. It’s all about being the only one who knows.

If these folk want to encourage us to question convention, just say so then, no? Show us how to evaluate a claim, how to weigh evidence and likelihood’s up properly. Point out logical fallacies and show us how to recognise them.

There are far better ways of encouraging constant questioning than posting a load of made up drivel that some attention seeker on the internet has come up with. All Hollow truly does is spread misinformation, and right now that’s a dangerous thing to be doing.

It’s admirable that you’re trying to find a good intention in him, I respect that, but essentially he’s only on this anxiety forum with the sole intent of posting things that, for the most part, induce more anxiety. He’s all over Covid-19 threads telling us it’s all fake and the real problem is the “oligarchs” plotting to murder and control us. That’s not trying to inform or encourage questioning, that’s fearmongering in a place that fear is already the number one driver. There is nothing admirable about that.

Having now watched a good many of Mr David Icke's recruitment videos, I can safely say that he is a very persuasive man. There were times while watching his latest 3 hour 19 minute marathon that I felt totally convinced he was right, that he was speaking for me. It felt like an epiphany, that I'd finally 'got it'. Here was this messiah, saving me from the evil cult that wants to grind me into the dirt.

But on the odd occasion the mask slipped and he spoke about us moronic masses with barely concealed contempt. And the irony is not lost on me, that when he warns us of the evil cult, the divisive 1%, that he himself meets all the criteria of a cult leader. The hypnotic repetition and phrases like 'unique expressions of consciousness' seem designed to encourage blind faith in him. Certainly the interviewer Brian Rose looks and sounds bewitched.

That said, should Mr Icke have been banned from the likes of facebook and youtube? Surely that plays into his hands and suggests the work of a controlling elite dictating what we can and cannot do?

Quote Originally Posted by fishman65 View Post
    That said, should Mr Icke have been banned from the likes of facebook and youtube? Surely that plays into his hands and suggests the work of a controlling elite dictating what we can and cannot do?
    No I don’t think there should be censorship of people like him. As you say, it adds to the idea that the so called “powers that be” are scared of his drivel or something.

I believe fully that people like Icke should be given free reign to spout their nonsense as I believe 99.9% of folk will have an IQ above 4 and can see the paranoid idiot for what he is.

Well, that's the thing about the freedom of speech. When you enjoy the privilege of it, you also have to extend it to all the dumbasses of the world.

The issue of cults and cult leaders is an interesting one. Traditionally, cult leaders would need to isolate their followers in someway to maintain their control over them. But with the Internet and social media, constant contact can be maintained with no social isolation. People can be indoctrinated online and over social media without ever having to leave their homes. We see it all the time with these kids who end up traveling to the Mid East to join ISIS. Think about all the people who end up as Scient ologists. They still have access to everything, yet end up giving their life savings away to that "church".

I don't think the answer is to restrict freedom of speech privileges. I think the answer is education (I know, duh, I'm a teacher) but people have to be encouraged to get their news and information from a variety of sources. People need to be encouraged to think about the motivation of the media they are consuming and learn to evaluate. Simple education even on propaganda techniques goes a long way to keep someone from being indoctrinated by a dumbf**k like Icke.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary A View Post
    That’s not trying to inform or encourage questioning, that’s fearmongering in a place that fear is already the number one driver. .
    True. We don't need any more fearmongering on here.

Well, that's the thing about the freedom of speech. When you enjoy the privilege of it, you also have to extend it to all the dumbasses of the world.

The issue of cults and cult leaders is an interesting one. Traditionally, cult leaders would need to isolate their followers in someway to maintain their control over them. But with the Internet and social media, constant contact can be maintained with no social isolation. People can be indoctrinated online and over social media without ever having to leave their homes. We see it all the time with these kids who end up traveling to the Mid East to join ISIS. Think about all the people who end up as Scient ologists. They still have access to everything, yet end up giving their life savings away to that "church".

I don't think the answer is to restrict freedom of speech privileges. I think the answer is education (I know, duh, I'm a teacher) but people have to be encouraged to get their news and information from a variety of sources. People need to be encouraged to think about the motivation of the media they are consuming and learn to evaluate. Simple education even on propaganda techniques goes a long way to keep someone from being indoctrinated by a dumbf**k like Icke.
    You've summed it up nicely, AV.

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    You've summed it up nicely, AV.
    *bows* thank you

So I just read this little blurb in the news.

Public health officials are keeping the British people in the dark about the location of new coronavirus outbreaks to prevent “community tensions” and “hate crimes”.

Members of the public “are not being given a full, accurate, picture of where coronavirus cases are — to protect people who test positive from possible hate attacks,” according to Jane Haynes, Politics & People Editor at BirminghamLive, following an interview with Dr Helen Carter, deputy director for Public Health England (PHE) in England’s West Midlands.

Truth! That is brilliant!

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Noivous View Post
    So I just read this little blurb in the news.

Public health officials are keeping the British people in the dark about the location of new coronavirus outbreaks to prevent “community tensions” and “hate crimes”.

Members of the public “are not being given a full, accurate, picture of where coronavirus cases are — to protect people who test positive from possible hate attacks,” according to Jane Haynes, Politics & People Editor at BirminghamLive, following an interview with Dr Helen Carter, deputy director for Public Health England (PHE) in England’s West Midlands.
    Well, I can tell you that that's not entirely true. "The Guardian" newspaper published a list only a couple of days ago about districts next likely to face local lockdowns whilst our local newspaper published what districts within the city there had been sudden increases.

Unusually, whilst the Government refuses to publish figures for recoveries on a national scale, our local hospital Trust releases that information to the local press.

Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 LastLast

Thread Information