Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: A second lockdown is on it's way

Re: A second lockdown is on it's way

We have a statewide mask order. US at 3 million cases today :/ We also ran out of tests in LA county. Oh, and Trump wants to reopen schools. Go figure.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow View Post
    The situation in Australia is extremely dangerous and we need to keep an eye on it because its likely to be the template for the rest of the world. They're calling it a "hard" lockdown. These housing towers are being surrounded by the police and noone is allowed to enter or leave. If you do then you're arrested and fined in the thousands. "Medical professionals" are forcing everyone to be tested. The government is now controlling every aspect of their lives. The police state tactics being used here are worse than anything we have seen in China or North Korea.

China and North Korea? Crikey where do you come up with this shite.
    As of yesterday there was 35 out of 9 towers with Covid and if they test negative they are allowed to leave their units after 5 days.
    The so called ‘Medical professionals” are not forcing people to get tested geez you are talking out of your ass.

Quote Originally Posted by AntsyVee View Post
    We have a statewide mask order. US at 3 million cases today :/ We also ran out of tests in LA county. Oh, and Trump wants to reopen schools. Go figure.
    He's desperate to get re-elected so he's immune from prosecution for various things?

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Kanye just tweeted that he's running for president! ~lol~

Positive thoughts
    I know this was a few days ago but this is just beyond the pale IMO.

Does this guy actually have any formal qualifications in order to be a politician at all, or is it just a political publicity stunt he is conducting with some kind of hidden agenda, perhaps to promote his latest album using the most edgy and oddball tactics?

Quote Originally Posted by Lolalee1 View Post
    China and North Korea? Crikey where do you come up with this shite.
    As of yesterday there was 35 out of 9 towers with Covid and if they test negative they are allowed to leave their units after 5 days.
    The so called ‘Medical professionals” are not forcing people to get tested geez you are talking out of your ass.
    I completely agree with you as contrary to Hollow's perceptions, this is far from being full-on 'state control'.

While it's perfectly OK to feel concerned and sympathetic, Hollow should also try to chill out a bit as he is in the UK and not responsible for dealing with what's currently going on in parts of Australia.

And why should it be a template for the rest of the world, where each country's circumstances are likely to differ greatly.
    Last edited by Lencoboy; 09-07-20 at 17:01.

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    He's desperate to get re-elected so he's immune from prosecution for various things?
    Unfortunately, in our country, our Senate in Congress (like your House of Lords in Parliament) serves as the jury for impeachment trials, and as we've seen already, they vote on party lines. So it would pretty much be impossible for him to get convicted of something unless it was so blatant that the Republicans in the Senate would be afraid that they wouldn't get re-elected by their constituents in November if they didn't vote for it.

Otherwise, he'll just pin anything that goes wrong on one of the people that work for him.
    Last edited by AntsyVee; 09-07-20 at 18:07. Reason: typos

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    I completely agree with you as contrary to Hollow's perceptions, this is far from being full-on 'state control'.

While it's perfectly OK to feel concerned and sympathetic, Hollow should also try to chill out a bit as he is in the UK and not responsible for dealing with what's currently going on in parts of Australia.

And why should it be a template for the rest of the world, where each country's circumstances are likely to differ greatly.
    The residents themselves are describing it as being "ambushed" and in a prison. Maybe if you were in their situation then you might think differently. I feel quite lucky to be in the UK right now as this Australian government is making Tories seem like Saints in comparison. As for it being a template, lockdowns were enforced around the world despite each country being "sovereign" with circumstances that differ greatly.

Coronavirus updates: Melbourne tower block lockdown 'like being in prison'

]
    Last edited by Hollow; 09-07-20 at 18:33.

Quote Originally Posted by AntsyVee View Post
    Unfortunately, in our country, our Senate in Congress (like your House of Lords in Parliament) serves as the jury for impeachment trials, and as we've seen already, they vote on party lines. So it would pretty much be impossible for him to get convicted of something unless it was so blatant that the Republicans in the Senate would be afraid that they wouldn't get re-elected by their constituents in November if they didn't vote for it.

Otherwise, he'll just pin anything that goes wrong on one of the people that work for him.
    So, should he lose in November would it be open season on him? I see he's lost the case to withhold his tax returns.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-53353953

Also... why does it take so long to change president in the US? Election November, inauguration what? January/February? Here in the UK the Prime Minister is out on their arse the very next morning when they lose!

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    So, should he lose in November would it be open season on him? I see he's lost the case to withhold his tax returns.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-53353953

Also... why does it take so long to change president in the US? Election November, inauguration what? January/February? Here in the UK the Prime Minister is out on their arse the very next morning when they lose!
    Yes, I imagine if he loses it will be open season.

The transitional period is written into the Constitution from the 20th amendment that changed it to January 20th (before that it was even longer, in March I think), but even before that it was a precedent established from the very first with Washington's transition to Adams. It was designed to try to create a smooth transition of power and administrations so that there are no abrupt disruptions. Some presidents have taken advantage of it; others haven't. There's another law that governs what classified information can be shared during this time, but I can't remember what it's called off the top of my head.

He lost the case to withhold the tax returns, but their ruling still bought him some time.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow View Post
    The residents themselves are describing it as being "ambushed" and in a prison. Maybe if you were in their situation then you might think differently. I feel quite lucky to be in the UK right now as this Australian government is making Tories seem like Saints in comparison. As for it being a template, lockdowns were enforced around the world despite each country being "sovereign" with circumstances that differ greatly.
    That’s because governments worldwide listened to scientific advice.

I wish you would stop implying you feel for these people, you don’t, it’s just another way of pushing your silly agenda and disguising it as concern.

Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread Information