Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: A second lockdown is on it's way

Re: A second lockdown is on it's way

Quote Originally Posted by FrankT View Post
    I believe it, because we messed up so badly that of course a second peak can be expected.
    A second wave of COVID-19 doesn't necessarily mean a second full-on lockdown will definitely happen.

Nevertheless, we should still all remain vigilant though.

Not read any replies. Super busy at the moment. But to update my son has to have a COVID test. Today he too has suddenly developed a persistent cough that is coming from the lungs. He can't control it, but otherwise feels ok. He choked on his toast this morning because he couldn't stop the coughing. He's fine watching TV and reading sonic magazines in his blanket.

Hope everybody is ok and doing well.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

Almost getting myself into a panic attack tbf. Like, I'm doing good mentally, but this constant coughing is making me nervous. If he has it I'm bricking it in case I get it. He's coughing 3 to 4 times a minute.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

Hope your son gets better quickly.
    My daughter had very similar to this in February.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Scass View Post
    Hope your son gets better quickly.
    My daughter had very similar to this in February.

My brothers test came back negative. 111 said because my son doesn't have loss of smell or a temperature it's not COVID.

My son still has his cough and it sounds more chesty now. He's still feeling good though and has gone for a walk in the woods with a neighbor. They told him not to self isolate and that he doesn't need a test.

I don't want to spout unconfirmed nonsense. But, something stinks. Both my brother and son have the exact same symptom with the constant coughing fits. Neither have been in contact with each other either directly or indirectly. I'm not saying I don't believe the tests, but I question how accurate the tests are.

They were both told probably a chest infection. Ok, fine it's a possibility, but with a chest infection you would have a cough plus other symptoms. When I have a chest infection I know about it.

Maybe I'm just in lala land.

☪️️

So when my daughter had this in February she coughed like mad for 2 days, had a tummy ache from all the coughing. Then it went a bit chesty.
    She barely had a raised temperature but the doctor gave her antibiotics. It lasted about a week. She was pretty much fine throughout apart from the aches from all the coughing.

I understand your suspicion, but it could just be a cough.

Just remember that even though Covid-19 exists, it doesn’t mean that every other bug or virus just instantly stopped existing.

Even though we only have CV cases from returning NZers from overseas (who are all now in quarantine), there are colds around. My daughter who's a high school teacher has had one, she caught from someone at school. She was tested and had to isolate until the test came back, it was negative.

There are still colds around because essential workers didn't go into complete lockdown (like the rest of us) so they still had some pre-lockdown virus's that were not CV. These people were frequently tested. Because of our five week lockdown there are very viral infections around.

Nothing useful to contribute, really, just popping in to wish you and your son the best. There are a lot of things going round that can cause coughs, though, as others have said, and most of them aren't COVID.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary A View Post
    Just remember that even though Covid-19 exists, it doesn’t mean that every other bug or virus just instantly stopped existing.
    Definitely. It's due to us all being more hypervigilant towards CV, that we now have a tendency to confuse it with other pre-existing bugs, flus and viruses, which we probably wouldn't have given as much as a second thought to prior to this year.

And given our CV risk level was downgraded to 3 on Friday morning, and our cases aren't skyrocketing unlike back in March, again, I think a second full-on lockdown in this country is unlikely ATM.

Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information